differential or incremental backup on splitted initial backup files?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lebhaft, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lebhaft

lebhaft Registered Member

how to do that properly?
    I have a big initial backup file so I chose to spilt that in to 2 4.7G files during the proessing. Than i got 2 files xx1 and xx2. later i want to do differential backup, I chose to make that on the base of xx1, acronis produce one new file called xx3, then i make another one on the base of xx2, and another file called xx4 was produced and which is different from xx3. I feel that is not realy proper. so i want some advise about how to do a proper differential (or incremental) backup on the basis of splitted initial backup files.
    Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lebhaft,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that when you split your image archive into several files, Acronis True Image recognizes these volumes as a single image file and you can choose any volume of the image in order to create the differential/incremental backup.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

Will that differential backup include programs, registry, etc?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Azdon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that a differential image contains all changes that have been done after the full image creation. To restore a differential image, you should have the differential image along with the original one.

Additional information can be found in the Acronis True Image User Guide which is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.