Differential BkUp issue - Paragon - B&R 10 - Free Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by arcane, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcane

arcane Registered Member

Last week, I was able to successfully create a differential backup for a complete backup I performed previously.

Today, I am unable to create another differential backup. I encountered similar problems when I initially attempted to create the base backup, however, got past them with I enabled the MS Shodow Copy service.

Today, while I've been unable to create a new differential backup I have:
    Verified that MS Shadow Copy service is started.
    I have followed the process of selecting the existing base archive then "Differential Backup", navigated to the File view, selected the *.PBF file in the base backup archive, proceeded to identify where to create the new differential archive and applied my changes.

I then see the screen where the archive creation process is displayed, it successfully locates the original archive and states the new differential archive is in process.

I can navigate (via explorer) to the differential archive destination folder, and see that a differential *.PBF has been created.

Progress never occurs in the status window, and the differential *.PBF is never populated. The progress remains at 0%, though the "gears" are turning.
    I never see the message that the shadow copy is invoked, nor do I end up with an archive. The only step that gets me out of the "progress" screen is the kill Paragon B&R. I'm sure this must be user error - so please help.

I need to update my backup before my IT department takes my laptop back and wipes the drive (standard procedure).

Help?

Thank you
    -Andrew

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you're encountering issues with VSS, i would suggest running the backup from the recovery cd environment.

Tools > recovery media builder, and burn a Typical cd.

Boot to the CD and complete the differential backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.