Difference: KAV personal and KAV personal PRO ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by KAV user, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAV user

KAV user Guest

May someone tell me the differences between KAV 5 Personal and KAV 5 Personal PRO? Is KAV PRO a lot more heavy than KAV personal? Is there a opition to change between standard and extended database in KAV PRO?

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Already looked here ?

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Kav user

The main differences are configurability and the heuristic MS Office macromodule. It doesn't use more resources or feel heavier than Personal, it's the same,as for how many mb it uses, mine is around 14mb, but it always starts of high and then settles after the startup scan etc.

In my opinion any homeuser should go for Personal, don't misunderstand me, i use and like Pro, but since Kaspersky Personal & Pro will merge into one version in 3-4 months, it might not be worth the extra cost, however you are entitled to an upgrade to Kaspersky Internet Suite 2006 as a Pro-user, so if you are looking for an everything in one product, it might in fact be a good choice. :)

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Hi Don,

And what are the differences between KAV PP and KAV 2006?

5. .....

..... Registered Member

There are alot of differences between KAV 2006 and KavPP 5.0. However, KAV 2006 is still PRE-BETA.

You should have a look at this document for a list of new features. (That ones for KIS, a few differences between KIS and KAV. Namely KAV doesnt have anti-hacker, anti-spy, office guard, anti-spam modules.), theres also the realease notes for an older build of KAV 2006 (Still PRE-BETA).

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Thanks for the links, they are usefull!;)

Any idea what KAV 2006 and KIS 2006 will cost?

7. Don Pelotas

There a webscanmodule like the one in Nod and an proactivemodule with registryguard, a processguard which monitors a number of things.

It it is quite easy because although it is more configurable than v 5.0, it actually comes pre-configured and all you have to think about is if you want to keep the 3 hour update frequenzy or if you want to change it (every 20 minutes is the lowest interval), even in recommended settings it is very light in use and there many options to change this, including "only new & changed".

You have something to look forward to, Smokey. :)

8. Don Pelotas

You will be able to upgrade to Kis 2006, Smokey (i see in your sig, that you are a Pro-user), no prices yet. :)

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

For sure I do, but I still hesitate to test the beta versions, because I think they are not stable enough.

10. .....

..... Registered Member

Unless you know exactly what your doing, reccomend staying away from the pre-beta builds.

11. Don Pelotas

Sure, i agree. That's why i said: "You have something to look forward to", i meant in 3-4 months. ;)

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Don,

May I ask a few questions (just for my understanding; sorry for asking):

Are indeed KAV Pers and KAV Pers Pro going to be merged into one version (so there will be no difference)?

Is there no more Inspector anymore....?

Thanks, Jan.

13. Don Pelotas

Hi Jan

1. Yes, Personal & Pro will become Kaspersky 2006 & then there's the 2006 suite, which you can upgrade to, if you own a Pro license or just Kav 2006 if you prefer.

2. It will be replaced with the proactive defense. :)

14. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Don !

In about two weeks my Pro licence will expire (still using 4.5 on-demand on this crappy W98SE machine...).
    In no way I want to be without KAV !
    Pitty there will be no Inspector anymore (well, there is still ADinf32 Pro ;)).

Thanks again Don.
    Cheers, Jan.

15. Don Pelotas

You're welcome, Jan. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.