Difference between NOD32 and Smart Security?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by veteran808, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veteran808

veteran808 Registered Member

Whats the difference between the two? Looks like they both do the same thing. Also, does the smart security have student licensing?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Smart Security is the NOD32 suite. It adds a firewall and spam protection.

3. veteran808

So is the firewall like a more advanced version of the IMON module, or does it act just as a port blocker?

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it's WAY beyond IMON - it's a bi-directional firewall (yes, it blocks ports).

5. veteran808

Okay, so will there be any student licensing for smart security? If so, how much will it cost?

I currently have NOD32 on my desktop and very recently purchased a laptop for school. I was looking at getting another NOD32 license for my laptop, but saw the smart security. If the smart security is as reasonably priced as the NOD32, then I'd definitely get that instead.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it seems that student pricing is gone - at least from the final pricelist we have for the USA.

Educational pricing remains - and starts at 5 licenses for both Eset AntiVirus v3.0 and Eset Smart Security.

However, if you have Eset antivirus v2.7 for that machine (which you can still purchase now - ie, UNTIL the launch on the 5th of November - then you can purchase an Eset Smart Security upgrade. My recommendation would be purchasing a 2 year student now, and then a 2 year upgrade in 3 days time - total protection would then be for 4 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.