Difference between Intel Management Engine Components and Intel Active Management

Discussion in 'hardware' started by berryracer, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

On THIS page , I noticed there are 2 diff. downloads, 1 is Intel Management Engine Components and the other is Intel Active Management

The Intel Management Engine Components version is slightly higher... now I checked the Toshiba Drivers download page for my specific notebook and it does have Intel Active Management listed so I guess this is a required / compatible driver but their version is ancient..

With that said, I already have the Intel Chipset Drivers, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Intel Management Engine Components, and Intel Turbo Boost already installed...

Now what is this Intel Active Management and why is it needed?

I tried installing it temporarily before I restore an earlier Image I created with Acronis True Image and noticed that when you install Intel Active Management, it also installs Intel Management Components again, but obviously since its version number is a bit older than the latest available Intel Management Engine Components listed on that site, it seems to be installing the older IME as well... so I am wondering what is this Intel Active Management and would I need it or shall I just use my laptop as I am? Am I missing on anything?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.