Difference between free/pay versions of Regdefend, Appdefend, and SSM and others?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by quadrophonic, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

I thought I was up to date on all the various anti-spyware/rootkit programs.
    However, since I decided to try out other stuff in addition to my Avira AV premium/ZA Pro config, I'm finding it a bit confusing. I had AVG Anti-Spyware as a resident shield until the trial expired, and then I loaded Spyware Terminator for its HIPS protection along with Win Patrol free. Wanting to see how other programs worked, I loaded Boclean.

Now I'm reading here about many other configuration possibilities. Can someone explain to me the difference between the free and paid versions of:

1) Regdefend from Ghost Security
    2) Appdefend from Ghost Security
    3) System Safety Monitor (SSM)

It's very hard to find a comparison on the individual sites other than to note that the free version is limited.

I've also seen posts about Cyberhawk, Process Guard and other products similar to Winpatrol free. If I'm only interested in the free products, should I stick with Spyware Terminator, as it has HIPS protection, a realtime shield and can be an on-demand scanner, too. Boclean only seems to scan at startup with no on-demand scanning. Is Cyberhawk or Process Guard better than Win Patrol free?

Which of the above programs is BoClean most similar to?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.