Difference between checking images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wokoenig, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello,

checking an image in windows and with boot CD or Recovery Manager has very often different results.
    f.e Windows TI ( 8, now latetest Version) says: Image is ok, with the Boot CD :the image is corrupted.
    Or : Boot Cd says: image is ok, Windows TI says: corrupted.
    This make me confuse.
    So , I have always to checking an image 2x to be calm.:-(

Why is this difference??

Earlier ( many months ago) I did write here that it seems that the created Images from TI are the most sensible images from all Backup Tools I know.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello wokoenig,

I would say that this sort of intermittent problem is most likely due to a hardware issue. The cause could be poor motherboard design, overclocking, flaky memory, memory timing set too tight etc.

Regards

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Gruss Wolfgang,

You could try to run the checksum programs mentioned in this post. Run them a couple of times, and see if you get different results. Try when you PC have been runing for some time (and is at its normal operating temperature), and also when it have had a chance to cool down to room temperature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.