Difference Between AVG Internet Security and Home Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by huntnyc, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I am wondering if the only difference between AVG Internet Security Suite and AVG Internet Security Home
    Edition is the fact that home edition costs just a little more but gives you ability to run on up to 3 computers. Otherwise, the two programs would be the same as far as functionality. Is that right and thanks?

Gary

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

AVG Internet Security and AVG IS Home Edition are the same thing. The fact is that if you tried to buy the normal AVG Internet Security for 3 computers, it would cost you $99.95 for 2 years (with 50% discount on renewal). But if you buy the Home Edition, 3 PCs will be covered at a discounted price of $86.95. I'm not sure if the 50% discount on renewal applies to the Home Edition as well. I'll ask Grisoft if the renewal discount of 50% is offered for the Home Edition. If the answer is yes, then those who purchased the Home Edition will pay $43.99 for 2 year renewal, as compared to $49.99 for those who purchased the non-Home Edition Internet Security.

So basically the Home Edition is a discounted version of AVG IS for 3 computers. This offer is time limited though. :)

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

@Firecat

Thanks. Under Special Offer section at http://www5.grisoft.com/doc/products-avg-internet-security-home-edition/us/crp/4 it appears the renewal for 50% discount might apply but thanks for verifying this for us.

Now, I am trying to figure if I will be tempted to leave KIS6 for AVG IS Home Edition. That cheaply priced 3 year license is almost unbeatable and KIS running fiarly smooth but I have trialed AVG and although it does not match KIS detection rate, it runs so light and interface is easy for me to see and use. Oh well, decisions, decisions.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.