Did SpywareBlaster 4/16 update put this on the root of C:\4f0a3950d129a36b17009b830bf

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Libra, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libra

Libra Registered Member

I noticed a folder on the root of C - 4f0a3950d129a36b17009b830bf252d in my Vista computer. It said it was created the same date I updated SpywareBlaster. The folder showed empty and I could not open it or delete it. I eventually went into safemode and deleted it from there. In safemode it showed to be an Application Extension and was 6.43MB.

I just noticed a similar folder on the root of C in one of my Win 7 64 bit computers.

When I update SpywareBlaster I use run as in the standard user accounts, but I never had a folder appear on the root of C before. Since the timing of the creation of the folder seems to coincide with when I updated SpywareBlaster, I'm wondering if there is a connection? Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

libra, i doubt that a spywarewareblaster update caused that folder to be created.. on rare occasions, i have seen folders like that created after having installed some microsoft updates, and after installing other programs.. the folders are used as temp-folders when programs are being installed but sometimes they are left behind rather than being removed, as they should have been..

so, that is what i think, that the folder was generated when installing a microsoft update, or when installing some other program, that it was a folder that was being used, temporarily, while a program was being installed, and that it should have been removed automatically, but wasn't..

i just delete them when i see them..

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As mentioned already that folder looks like MS update leftover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.