Did 1307 nuke my Snap Deploy?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jroberts, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jroberts

jroberts Registered Member

I am new to this company and product. I just purchased 100 licenses of Snap Deploy. I loaded the version I downloaded last month 12xxx and binded the licenses. Yesterday I created some images and deployed one successfully (if very slowly). I then visited the website and discovered the new build 1307. I "upgraded." Now I cannot deploy anything. I got one machine about half done and it ate a license. Never finished. Others won't even start. Error: "FileServer cannot set security context of logged user." My license server is on the same 2003 Server that my management console is on. PS: what should a customer with current maintenance expect after submitting an issue through the website? I haven't received even an email many hours later.

2. jroberts

Ok, I read in another post that since the OS server and license server are on the same box, the ip of the license server should be manually entered during install. I uninstalled and re-installed the OS Server. 12xx was working under the old configuration, so o_O Glad it is working.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jroberts,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. jroberts

Still Trouble.

Actually, it hasn't. Now my deployments fail after several hours of disk activity without the above error. Tech support speculated that the license in my license server was my site license and that I needed to import the 100 licenses associated with it. I do in fact have those licenses imported, and the server is indicating that I have used 4, even though they were for failed deployments. One thing I did do was included the site license with the other 100 when I imported. Would that create a problem? I am dead in the water right now.:mad:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Still Trouble.

Hello jroberts,

Could you please do the following in order to create Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs so that we could continue investigation on this issue (this should be done on a target computer)?

* When the client side of Acronis Snap Deploy is starting up, wait for boot menu to appear and press F11. As you get the "Linux kernel settings" prompt, remove the "quiet" parameter and press OK.
    * Select Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.
    * After you get the command prompt enter:

product /mode:demon /log-level:verbose /log:../tmp/problem.log

and press enter.

* Reproduce the problem.
    * After you get the command prompt again insert a diskette into the floppy drive and enter:

mkdir /mnt/t
    mount -t vfat /devfs/floppy/0 /mnt/t
    cp /tmp/problem.log /mnt/t
    umount /mnt/t

* Collect the problem.log file from the diskette.

Then, please, continue with the following in order to create Acronis OS Deploy Server logs:

* Launch Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console;
    * Select the "Manage Deployment" option;
    * Specify the credentials for connecting to the machine with Acronis OS Deploy Server and click "OK";
    * Click on the "Show operations log" button on the icon bar;
    * Select the date you need the log from (this should be the last one, which was created when creating Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs) and click on the "Save log entry to file" (diskette) button;
    * Specify the path and the filename for the log file and click "Save".
    * Collect this log file too.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.