DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Glad to see that I'm not the only one questioning the relevance of paulson's first post. What does the "better website design service" have to do with the status of DiamondCS?
    Rob

2. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Very good question!!o_O

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've been nosing around that website, and it reminds me of an old joke among fraud fighters with respect to off shore High Yield Investment Programs(HYIP). They used to say the way the worked was you sent your money to the promoters and never saw it again.

I fear this is probably also true of this new website. I noticed they say if you lost your license to bad, they don't keep records, but you can purchase a new copy and get a new license. Then they point out you can sign into the members area, and get a discount. BUT, only way to find the members area was googling it, and then the log in didn't work. I clicked the link "fogot my password" to get a new one. They say you should get an email with in 48 hours. Never had a legit one take more then 5 minutes.

Anyone care to bet whether or not I'll get a response.

Pete

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

No, I did that on Sept. 19 and I haven't got one yet :rolleyes:

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Same here, I think I'm right in saying that PG and Port Explorer file versions are not up to date.

6. Peter2150

I agree.

If it walks like a duck, and squawks like a duck, then it must be a duck. In this cause the duck smells, er... of fowl play.:D

7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Yes, it does work on Vista, although not a lot is shown in the connections. Most of it displays System and that's it. :doubt:
    For the rest the other tools do work. :)

It's a pity it won't be updated anymore and I believe we don't have to expect DCS to come back.
    I liked the software a lot, but I don't see an happy ending to this.
    Move on to other software, that's all we can do. :doubt:

I bought X-Netstat Pro as a replacement for Port Explorer, so that's it, but it doesn't have such a pretty GUI as PE. :D
    End of story. ;)

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It is very interesting to watch and read all these postings. I just wish DiamondCS was a cat with 9 lives, however, it is not, but rather a dead horse, needing a magician to revive it. I will not get excited to any good news unless it is an act from this forum's reactivating DiamonCS's archived sections. Until then, we can talk, exchange any news in the winds and those never-ending stories. Folks, Enjoy the fun come with the wind.

9. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I just saw the new DiamondCS web site for the first time. As soon as I saw it, I became suspicious and came here to see what the story was. I did some further investigation and I still do not like what I see. I certainly would not log into the new DiamondCS web site. The new IP address (64.91.255.87) is owned by Liquid Web, in Lansing Michigan. A simple traceroute shows that the server is Lansing, and not Perth.

Perhaps we could contact the city of Perth to find out the status of DiamondCS, or at least find out how to find the status:

http://www.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/web/Contact/

10. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Good detective work.

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Just one point about the IP address and web hosting company... The diamondcs.com.au domain has been hosted at Liquid Web and at that same exact IP address since at least early 2004. Wilders and DiamondCS, along with Javacool, Net-Integration and a few other security related domains that you are all probably familiar with, were all hosted at that same LiquidWeb data center back then. Wilders left there about a year and a half ago. The DCS website is still there.

While there are many things to be both concerned and suspicious about regarding all this, the Liquid Web hosting itself isn't one of them.

12. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Wow, Netveda and DiamondCS appear to have been resurrected. Now if only they can get all of the free internet services back up too that would be super duper. :D ;) :D :thumb:

13. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I had thought that probably the company was sold and that is why we have heard nothing from Wayne upon this resurrection of the website. But checking the ASIC database, I see that the business license was renewed last December and is up for review again this December. I also can see that there have been NO changes in the company details such as change of registered address or change in officer holder name or address, etc. since December 8, 2005. So, either Wayne sold the company back in 2005 or he is still the owner. Further information would have to be purchased from ASIC or one of their brokers. It would be interesting to see what Dun and Bradstreet have to say if I had $46.50.

14. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

Well, i don't want to comment the behaviour of DCS in the past.

I just want you to know that i dared to place an order on the new website, say for testing purposes. I decided to buy the most useful application for me, PortExplorer.
    Sales are no longer managed by Regnow (or which company it has ever been), it goes via paypal. Directly, i assume.

So, i purchased today at 10.00 am and received the license key for an unlimited home license 7 hours later by email.

What ever is going on, PortExplorer has ever been a good application and i want to use it. Thats the point for me.
    I got what i wanted to get.

15. lmgava

lmgava Registered Member

And now that you are a customer, can you access your customer area here ?

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/members/

Because I am a customer too, and I can't.

16. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

No, i can't. They didn't mail me a login password.

Besides, i have been a customer in the past, too. Once i purchased TDS3, Port Explorer and Wormguard as a bundle and also hold a license for ProcessGuard. I looked at my emails back to 2004 and found that they usually sended a member login after purchase of Port Explorer. However, all the keys and discounts from the old members area are inaccesible now.:thumbd:

Gladly i'm used to save all my license information elsewhere.

I tried also to get access to the new members area by the password reset fomular. Never got an email. If you look at the site after you have typed in your email adress there is a statement like email() this: pwreset.php?email=MY-EMAIL&auth=here_is_something_like_a_key

I guess this is what you shall get in the email, if the procedure works. So i copied the part after "email() this" and pasted it into the adress line like this: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/members/pwreset.php?email=MY-EMAIL&auth=here_is_something_like_a_key

You will get a message that the email is unknown or the password reset is not valid anymore. Something like this.
    Seems that there isn't any active members area at all.

17. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I tried my password (joined May 2005) and it did not work. I got an invalid ID/password message.

18. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

The same here (registered March 2006) and no answer from "Mr. Kimble". :mad:

19. sputnik451

sputnik451 Registered Member

Same here

20. davidjschenk

davidjschenk Registered Member

I think it's pretty clear that Diamond Security is dead. I do not imagine it will ever live again, especially given how ineptly they handled things upon closing up shop. My own personal, slanted, subjective guess is that one would be ill-advised to give any sort of money or personal information to this "new" outfit, as they show little to no evidence of being a serious and genuine rebirth of DCS. It's a real shame, because TDS-3 and ProcessGuard were excellent programs, but the website does not seem to offer anything new and we can't even log into it with our old accounts.

Nothing they have there inspires trust.

Yours,

David

21. david banner

david banner Registered Member

I still have Process Guard and it works. Does it need to be replaced?

Thanks
    David

22. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

It looks like the web site has been updated again with a new restricted downloads area, but only if you have recently purchased anything from DiamondCS (after December 15 2007). Who is actually running the company? Haven't seen Wayne's name anywhere that he is still involved.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php

23. Peter2150

Interesting. I went to the site, and filled out a contact form. Will be interesting to see if they respond.

If I get a response, I will post. In the interim, I would appoach with complete sceptism.

Pete

24. Diver

Diver Registered Member

After all that has been said about Diamond CS, I wonder why anyone would want to do business with them.

25. Peter2150

I don't, I just want to see if they respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.