DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I couldn't agree more.

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi all,

I apologize for not quoting all the the relevant post sections but for what its worth...

I purchased the Pro Home/Unlimited version of DSE on May 24 and received the license key on May 26 with the download URL for the pro version.

It has a much bigger feature-set than the freeware version (as is stated on the web page) and has some limitations due to the beta state (as is also stated on the web page).

I am very satisfied with the product as is, and look forward to the improvements that will surely be forthcoming.

While I know that any reader of this post will balance it against some of the bad experiences expressed by others in this thread I for one am happy about Wayne's return and look forward to things leveling out as some additional momentum is gained in product development as well as rebuilding the business.

Regards,

Dan

3. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    I bought TDS, ProcessGuard, Port Explorer, and Wormguard. I still use Port Explorer, and when trying to update it is the same version number. I don't wonder anymore about Diamond CS. I am quit with it. Port Explorer seems to work fine, but I wonder if there are exploits for it out there. Secunia does not report any, but I have decided to uninstall it and install TCPView and Currports. Development for them is active. My ideas about security have evolved beyond DiamondCS, and other vendors, trustworthy vendors.

router, NAT & SPI firewall

Gmer
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus *$
    ewido antispyware microscanner
    IceSword
    Online Armor*$
    Rootkit Unhooker
    RootkitRevealer
    Sandboxie*$
    Sophos Anti-Rootkit
    SpywareBlaster
    Trojan Remover$

The Linksys WRT54G2 V1 Router, NOD32, Online Armor, and Sandboxie along with a properly paranoid and wise brain are efficacious with little drag on the system. Don't let the baddies in you don't worry about them getting out.

I go uninstall PE, Put all DiamondCS in a rar, and store it away. I don't believe that I will change my opinion, but it's there on my external hard drive and online storage if I do.
    I tend toward loyalty to companies that make a good product and treat customers right.

Goodby DiamondCS I won't miss you.

I recommend to my kin and kith that they don't buy your products. Someday I'll blog the same message. I recommend to you here in this forum to do the same, warn folk away from DiamondCS, and stay away yourself. Forget about DCS products. There are better programs.

Stop this thread here!

4. Denny

Denny Registered Member

Just got in and was more than a bit surprised to see the following in my junk E-mail box:

DiamondCS Deep System Explorer B2 released (anti-rootkit/anti-hook system) ...

Especially since I told Wayne when he screwed we TDS' license owners what I thought of him and his company and never expected to EVER receive SPAM from him or DCS. So I decided to see if anyone else at Wilders had posted about receiving anything similar and did a quick search and found a few threads and then this one.

I did read Dan's post about his purchase and pleasure with the product, but just wanted to be sure others are truly aware before purchasing a thing from DCS.

I would post the headers, however, I am unsure if this would be a breach of the TOS here (too tired to try and split hairs), but I will say that the return path is nobody_AT_rygel_DOT_liquidweb_DOT_com. I will send the headers via PM if requested or post publicly if told not a breach by a moderator or admin.

Denny

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I just receive the same Email which was intercepted by my Mail filter as junk, and that's were it goes, in the trash.:cool:

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

So did I, at 11:34PM EST (Toronto, Canada time). As above checked header and scan results were a bit scary. To Dan Perez: What do you really see this as offering? Did it find anything on your system? A small review by you might help others decide if it's worth trying the Beta.

7. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

Hi

I received the email too, and promptly replied with a few questions as a long standing user of most DiamondCS software.

These were regarding support for the new software 'DSE' and the likelihood of any support forum on a site such as Wilders.

I also asked about the DiamondCS company 'make-up' and whether Wayne was part of the team.

To these questions I received an email reply very promptly the same day.

I only had one question answered - support is to be through their website and email, not on any forums.

I was also sent a complementary license key for DSE in a separate email in recognition of being a long standing customer.

I will keep a very close eye on the DSE thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=215654

and look forward to hearing of anyone's experience of DSE

Rgds,

Chalawah

8. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

I received today a DSE e-mail as well. As former PG user I will certainly keep a close eye on DiamondCS. I hope all will turn out well.

true north

9. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hi everybody ,
    LATEST NEWS ...
    www.changedetection.com-DiamondCS : Most recent change 2008-07-25 ...
    Port Explorer v2.2 released ! Another update for Port Explorer ( 30 - day TRIAL version !!! o_O ...) is available ...
    Thanks , PROROOTECT :-*

10. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

That link doesnt work for me, i get "Address not found"...
    When I look at their home page it indeed says it is updated to 2.2. But no info on changes.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  11. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

As I mentioned a few posts ago I was given a license key for DSE by DiamondCS in response to an email I sent them.

Unfortunately despite sending them an email about my beta testing results of DSE with some further questions I have not had a reply in over four working days.

I also have tried contacting them on their website 'Support and Assistance submission form' - unfortunately this is giving an 'Internal Server Error - The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request'.

I have emailed webmaster aT diamondcs as suggested on the Error page, but again, no response.

Ho humo_O

Rgds

Chalawah

12. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

SORRY !
    Link : look on Page 15 , post of Mike25k ... sorry :D , PROROOTECT

13. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi everybody,

Could anyone help me get the latest version of PG 3.41?
    I have registered PG and used 3.41 but later I replaced it by the 'latest' version 3.2 which is in fact 3.15. I tried to get it everywhere but all was in vain. Thanks in advance.
    OK

14. Mike25k

Mike25k Registered Member

Try here

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Process-Guard.shtml

15. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi Mike25k,

Thanks for your trying to help me but in fact it is version 3.15 despite its version number 3.41 at softpedia. Already tried it.

16. Carver

Carver Registered Member

PM coming your way
    [edit]File sent

17. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Received. Thanks a lot.
    Xtree

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

For pity sakes, will this topic never die.

It's over and done for ages now, and yet it keeps raising up more than windows BSOD.

I think the topic should be remaned Nostalgia DiamondCS because it's never going to bring back DiamondCS or Wayne for that matter.

EASTER

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Which begs the question, why do you keep reading it, let alone posting in it?

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ member julmust,

For better assistance and to prevent your issue from being lost in this discussion, I have moved your posts and those associated to a thread of their own for proper discussion.

moved here---> Preventing a process from shutting down

21. Mike25k

Mike25k Registered Member

22. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Yes ver3.5. Change log?

23. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Someone will mention the misterious 'ten foot pole' anytime soon :)

24. carioca

carioca Registered Member

25. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

One is fore sure: It works with my genuine license key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.