DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Are the problems buying Port Explorer fixed? People didn't all get licences codes before. I run Windows XP and really like Port Explorer from demo. Will I get my licence if I buy?

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I doubt it zerotalk. I tried to get Processguard recently and just got a blank email with no licence. None of the emails I sent to support was answered and Pay Pal tried to get into contact with them to no avail either. End the end I got my money refunded so beware.

3. AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup Security Expert

Well I was not able to contact them for long time either so gave up. Was going to try an upgrade but since I got no response I did not attempt to do the online upgrade.

That's a shame as they had some nice software at least at the time.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

As a person that purchased DCS software I tried to get into the members area, I tried with my old email address and my new email address. I also tryed to change my password with the forgot password utility twice, once sent to my old email address..once sent to my new email address that was 5 hours ago no reply yet to ether address.

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

No answer here as well in 6 (six) days.:D

Gerard

6. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

I have the same problem. I purchased PG two years ago but I haven't access to the "new" memers area. I like PG but not the way they treat their customers.

7. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Who knows, maybe Wayne had another car accident.:D

8. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

That's not something to joke about :(

I personally hope that Wayne get's up his feets soon enough, and the whole company come's back to his former glory! Only thing I'm afraid of now is that he's running the business alone, must be alot of pressure on him!

9. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I hope Wayne is well and can get things going again. Unfortunately it has been almost two years now. I think a lot of people have given up on DiamondCS.

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Has anyone ever confirmed the "car accident" story? It all smells a bit fishy to me.

11. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I dont think anyone even confirmed that the Wayne that posted earlier in this thread was actually even Wayne.

12. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

On the day of his last post he replied on my email.
    so i think it is Wayne, or someone else must have access to his website and email.

The only logical reason why he would not react here
    in the past, or now, (what i think), must be health problems, because he has his own company.

If it is for some reason impossible that it is Wayne,
    i expect that his former colleagues would have warn us about that.

If it is Wayne (what i think) i hope he will set up his own forum that he can moderate, that will be better for all his customers.
    and Wilders.

In the meantime we will stay confused,
    ..... i hope he is very busy to release his new software.

:doubt:

13. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I would like to know Wilders policy on Diamond CS.

Wayne has come on, given a reason why he's not been heard of in goodness knows how long and is touting his business again through these forums.

The reason for his disappearance is at best questionable.

He said the reason he couldn't get in touch with customers was because he'd had an accident.
    He also said he'd been working on this new software for the past year or so. Which one was it? He is unable to let customers know he's been in an accident because his injuries are too bad but he is able to work on new software for a year.
    This begs the question why he never felt the need to inform customers during that year of working on the new software. Customers who needed support with their old software software. Customers who needed help to recover their licences.

No support was forthcoming for customers during this period.

Now he appears out of the ether with the news that he has new software that he has been working on for the past year, a year where he ignored all his current customers.

Wilders, like it or not, lends some legitimacy to software companies who are hosted here by the fact they are a well respected forum.

The question is, does Diamond CS deserve this legitamcy?

14. Get

Get Guest

The DCS-sub-forum can never be opened of course. Trust in this brand has gone below 0 and still dropping.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This Topic should be sh*t canned because it's nothing more then a rehash over and over again on the same questions and is likened to nothing more then a cheap mystery novel IMO.

It's over and done, and been that way, why keep this topic tallying up more threads that all are of the same nature, IS HE? WHAT HAPPENED? GLAD YOU'RE BACK.

pfffft! Arg!! All this is leading up to absolutely nothing of substance and destined for oblivion.

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Wilder's no longer hosts DCS. See here.

17. Joliet Jake

Thanks for the link to that info Peter. So those archives will stay, eh, archived?

18. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

As with any other aspect of the site, the current status reflects the current situation. No more, no less. If the situation somehow changes in the future, that would naturally be weighed moving forward.

Blue

19. Joliet Jake

Thank you Blue.

Such a shame whatever happened as Diamond CS did produce some quality software.

20. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well it's really sad, but I am not sure much has changed. When Wayne popped in here, that was good. I tried the contact form on the web at that time, and got an immediate response by Email. Great. But then nothing here, nothing on the website to let old customers access the members area.

So I emailed him again last Sunday evening. No response as of yet. Sad, but I wouldn't recommend sending money yet.

21. dendrobates

dendrobates Registered Member

It is a half a month ago, since we last saw a post of Wayne here.

October 23rd, 2006, was the last day before that,that he had made a post.

On his website since may 1 2008:
    We waited before on his 'new software coming soon', the oldies here must remember. TDS-3 was great, PG and PE also, but the surprise after waiting VERY LONG less...

So now i have made a reoccurring quarterly note in my organiser to check their website. :D

I hope to give Deep System Explorer as a Christmas gift to a friend... :D

:thumb:

22. controler

controler Guest

Maybe Wayne thought he had a great new software but then EP_XOFF came along and blew some wind out of his sails?

23. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

That was not the reason i think, EP_XOFF gave no real reasons
    why it was not a good product.
    And you can't take it seriously when someone criticize all kinds of software
    even when they have never seen it running.

About blowing wind out of sails ...:
    http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14641&KW=&PID=69362#69362

The quality of the software that DCS has produced,
    was always very good and they were always pioneering, innovating. TDS-3 was one of the first in the field and the best there was.
    ProcessGuard, was the first real HIPS, and a lot of today's hips are based on PG.

So if there is a new product, i will certainly look into that.
    But like someone said here before, that might be around Christmas 200?
    because new software was always, 'around the corner' for DCS ..

24. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Not only that but the way DiamondCS treated some customers would make me think twice before buying anything from them even if they made good Software in the past.

25. controler

controler Guest

tuatara

I am aware of what DCS was. I also follow those threads at Sysinternals.

Even though EP never tried the new program to be, he did read the technology reports from the DCS site on detection and looked at the screen shots of the program. I am trusting if this is the same DCS and GAvin or Jason are not needed to code, then Wayne as looked at all the new ARK's plus EP's RKU.
    I will still try the Beta if and when it comes out as will a bunch of others.

Let's just wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.