[DiamondCS Update] TDS v3.2.1 released, and more..

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

In this newsletter...
    - TDS v3.2.1 update released
    - Optix Pro, Bionet v4 - released and cracked
    - Stand by ... TDS4 is coming

>>> TDS v3.2.1 UPDATE RELEASED <<<
    Build 3.2.1 of TDS-3 has been released and can be downloaded at http://tds.diamondcs.com.au
    Like all others before it, this is a free update. However, it is expected that this will be the final update for TDS-3! TDS4 is on the horizon, and licensed TDS-3 users will all be rewarded with a FREE upgrade to TDS-4 Professional.

>>> OPTIX PRO, BIONET 4 - RELEASED AND CRACKED <<<
    New variants of high-profile trojans Optix and Bionet were released this week. Within hours of obtaining them we had added complete detection to the TDS public database and had cracked the protection and encryption schemes of both trojans. If you have a Bionet or Optix trojan server, please see our Trojan Config Extraction page at http://www.diamondcs.com.au/web/htm/disassembly.php?service=extraction and email the file to support@diamondcs.com.au, we'll be able to provide you with information regarding how the trojan server was configured and often we can find details such as the hackers ICQ address, email address, web address, and more.
    For more information on Optix Pro, please see this advisory:
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/web/alerts/optixpro.htm

>>> STAND BY ... TDS4 IS COMING <<<
    For the last year we've been working on components for our fourth generation of anti-trojan systems, building on over half a decade of dedicated full-time anti-trojan experience.

Over the coming months we'll be rolling out several programs which collectively form Trojan Defence Suite v4. TDS3 Professional will be superseded by TDS4 Professional (which all TDS3 users will be upgraded to, free of charge). However, unlike TDS3 which caters for experienced users, professionals and security researchers, TDS4 has several programs which cater for everyone from the most novice Internet users up to experienced security researchers, yet still retaining the power and advanced underlying systems that has defined our software for over half a decade.
    We'll keep you posted!

Best regards,
    The DiamondCS Team

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Re: [DiamondCS Update] TDS v3.2.1 released, and mo

Thank you so much for all our security and education as ever! I'm happy, took the update and all is well on that part.
    :blink:
    And agaaaaaaaaain more references, 12337, wow!

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I am having a problem with references in TDS.  I had 12298 and after updating only have 11660.  I even tried a manual update with same results.  Anyone else having this problem?

Regards,
    Kent

5. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Same here, ansd several other people have reported this on the official forum as well.
    Awaiting answer.
    In the meantime i have renamed radius.bak file to radius.td3 to at least get back to previous state until being notified of what is going on.

6. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Knock..Knock !  Anybody there ?

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Starting to think the same thing....Never took them so long to answer...Either here or the private forum....

Regards,
    Kent

8. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

researchers, TDS4 has several programs which cater for everyone from the most novice Internet users

Im the most novice in here lol i hadnt tested it lol=)

what about the price is it the same or more would i have to buy now to save later because 4 will cost more.

Newbys want to know=)

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry, was not around, in the meantime reading in the private the problem radius was located and solved in the meantime. So please try a new update or get it manually.

MrBlaze: i don't think they will get any cheaper, so to be sure you could grab the TDS-3 now and as a registered user be upgraded to v4 for free. Starting with v4 could be more, but this nobody knows for sure at this moment.

10. Mr.Blaze

:Dok  let me see if i buy 3 that mean BLAZE GET A KEY
    then i can upgrade to 4 right.

put what if i dont want updated chop pice by pice tds 3 to 4

if i dowenload a straight spanking new tds 4 will my key from tds 3 work on tds 4.

i hate dealing with chop shop utlitys usealy full of unuseal erors or problems usealy unknowen.

also  is it same for worm guard same qustions i ask about tds 3  but for worm guard and upcomeing worm guard 4.

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The big fun is, nobody but Wayne and Gavin know what TDS-4 will be. Knowing them by now their enthusiastic promisses we're going to like it, make me and i think most people confident we're not staying with the v3. Same story with WormGuard, which will be rebuild completely and better, stronger, etc, so the infection world will tremble on every bit; good to be part of the protectors, isn't it?

12. Mr.Blaze

:DOK SO BASICLY UPDATE IS  LITERLY  A BRANDSPANKIN NEW UTLITY AND NOT SEVERAL UPDATES TO DOWENLOAD FOR TDS 3

i can choose to dowen load a full tds 4 instal my key i have from tds and im all good to go. :Dright

Also ho3w much ram it take to run tds 3 and upcomeing 4.

Iam curently runing 64 sd ram from a celeron 700mhz processor and im runing za pro bo clean dimonds regystry protection and nav 2002.

as will as hta stop dso stop 2 ,script trap 2,sock lock and adwatch

so far i had no problems which is strange usealy youed think id get a message saying low on resources  pleas close programs.

nav 2002 is 32 ram it self and i think za pro is 22 so what gives?

how does ram work can i run multiable programs.

example can i run a bunh of 64 sdram programs

or up to 64 sdram,

if im thinkinhg about tds  should i buy more ram so that i can still run al the apps i am now  the list albolve.

or will i be ok with the list albolve programs runing plus tds.

if i need more ram how much more to run everything plus tds smoothly=)

za pro bo clean dimonds regystry protection and nav 2002
    hta stop dso stop 2 ,script trap 2,sock lock and adwatch
    +tds

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Which windows version are you running?
    As Win98 in general is a bit high in resources use, other versions might be more economical, like NT.
    Win98 takes 32 already, ZAPro 3 was at least the same, the new update less but still around 12(?) at least, TDS plus agent server can be over 32 together, but less constant, can shrink to 1 for agentserver and 5(?) or nothing maybe for TDS when not in use... made a calculation recently in one of the threads here, did you ever use TaskInfo2000 for the full list (free) or the Faber Toys which shows all of it except the total load used at a moment?

As nobody knows anything about TDS-4 we can't tell nada about the possible resources, but we know Wayne will try to make them as economical as possible.

14. Mr.Blaze

Will im runing windows me shrug shoulders.

but what about ram does it work like this

run several 64 sdram programs

or run up to a total of 64sdram

Ps i dont owen a tds 3 i uninstalled and wipe every trace of it including the file that lets other tds 3 know that a previouse verstion was in the system ie trial verstion.

thx to a great frind who helped me out im protected =)

You guys think you will ever make a tss interactive cd rom for newbys a 10 bucks a pop plus shiping and handling.

15. root

root Registered Member

MRBLAZE, I am a little confused by your usage of terms like sdram programs.
    SD Ram is a type of ram, but still 64 megs of ram is 64 megs of ram.
    With Windows ME you will probably have more problems with running out of resources before your ram runs out, since you also have  added ram when needed with your page file.
    From the time you boot your machine, certain programs are loaded into ram and are going to use that ram until you shut down. As you load more programs, each program is going to take a certain amount of ram, but also take a certain amount of resources.
    It is my opinion that with todays programs, it is best to have at least 256 megs of ram. Anything less than that, you may notice some slowness in certain programs. It is really desirable to have at least 128 megs of ram. Ram is still pretty cheap so doubling your ram might be worth the money.
    I hope I have not just explained to you what you have known for the last five years. Since you joke a lot, I really don't know at what level to communicate to you.
    Please believe me when I say, I am only trying to help, if I can.

16. Mr.Blaze

=)lol why you guys think im easy to offend just easy to confuse lol.

im a newby=)

=) you guys totaly forgot what it was like to be a newby.

let me take you way back in your memory.

a white fog alpears out of no where.

you are instantly taken back in to time.

First day you buy computer cause some movie inspired you to get one be it war games the movie ............would you like to play a game

or the matrix ............what is the real.

you take it home and imidiatly you by pas all instuctions and manules and try to stick wrong plug ins in the wrong holes.

then you panic and look for the manule with pictures your to lazy to read lol.

4 or 5 hours later you have every thing conected and are now installing cd's

and are franctlicly looking for an any key you call up gate way suport pi.s.sed off  where the hell did you guys put the any key you say.

the tech trys his hardess not to laugh and puts you on intercom so all can hear you.

he asks you to repeat the qustion you hear laughter in the back ground he tells you hit space bar.

for there months the any key is space bar lol.

other strugles.
    you first start typing slowely with one fingher looking constantly at the key bord as you typ if you were smart you use two finghers one for each hand lol.

your first im yippie unfourtanitly your to slow by the time you look up to see your mesage sent the person is off line cause you were to slow.

last message you see is dude dude are you there ok im off to bed.

something goes wrong you hit the tower and pound the keybord.

gateway support tech knows you by name and knows you befor you say who it even is so much so that if you dont call in 3 days they call your house and ask if your ok lol.

17. root

root Registered Member

So, did my reply help any?
    If not, ask away. I have all kinds of answers. Some right, some wrong, some out to lunch.  :D

18. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

mr.blaze - Check this out (from a cold boot, at first):

Right-click 'My Computer' on the Desktop.

Highlight/click on 'Properties'.

Click 'Performance' tab.

Where it says 'System Resources:' , what does it say for the percentage?

Then, do the same thing after you open everything you normally run (browser, music, etc.) and see what it says then.

Also, try this:

Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information look for 'Total Physical Memory' and 'Available Physical Memory' - if the latter is extremely small compared to the former, you need lots and lots more RAM.

(I have 256MB of RAM, but I only have 37.92 'available' with just my normal stuff in SYSTRAY, my browser and my email program open - this means that I need to go to Best Buy immediately and buy another 256MB of RAM, for example). HTH Pete

19. Mr.Blaze

it says i have 56% free thats while im on aol runing all my apps

20. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

:) That's better than mine!

I'm showing 32% with SYSTRAY stuff, Opera browser (19 windows) and OE running. Total Physical Memory: 255.51MB - Available Physical Memory: 43.85MB. Pete

21. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Guest

Mr Blaze,

Thank you SOOOoooo much for bringing all that newbie stuff back to me. I've been trying SO hard to put it past me but you're making it too difficult for someone like me living in denial on this. (My mantra = "I am NOT a newbie - I am NOT a newbie - I am NOT a newbie")

22. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

OOOOOooooooooohmmmmmmmm ooooohmmmmmmm
    OOOOOOOOOOOhmmmmmm

Especially for you guys i have here a nice appropriate script. Hope you like it! Has to do with your memory testing.
    Copy and paste the whole part in the "code" area (without the word "code") in TDS | SS3 | SS3 editor and save as LeakTest.SS3 somewhere in the Scripts Examples (HelloWorld is a nice one for such tests) and Load the thing to test your brain cells for leaking.
    Make sure the word wrap is not destroying your script from functioning!
    Enjoy!
    Code:
    '//**************************************************************************************//
    '// LeakTest.SS3 is written especially for the TDS Operators Forum.                                          //
    '// Uses Diamond Computer Systems TDS, SS3, speech and Microsoft Agents Technology.       //
    '// The Microsoft Character Genie Copyright(c) 1996-1998 Microsoft(R) Corporation. All    //
    '// rights reserved. All other characters and technology are copyright by their respective//
    '// creators and owners.                                                 //
    '// This script is created by Jooske as a little demonstration for fun, use of MS agent   //
    '// and speech technology with TDS and some possibilities with the menu system.           //
    '// For info about the script contact Jooske via the TDS operators forum. For the other   //
    '// technology and ask Wayne Langlois via the forum or tech@diamondcs.com.au.             //
    '//***************************************************************************************// 

Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Genie", SysVar("sys.windowsdirectory") & "\msagent\chars\genie.acs") 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Show" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Gu'\emp\day, and hello\emp\there!" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "0", "0", "1000" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "This is our special TDS leak test program!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "As some family members seem to suffer from memory loss on their brain cells"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "This is created as \emp\emergency test!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "As we read your results in the forum, starting to get\emp\worried!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "200", "200", "1000"
    Sub YES
      Call Addline("TDS' Leaktest Machine", "Testing brain for leaks, testing... testing...")
      Call Addline("TDS' Leaktest Machine", "Testing memory for leaking")
      Speak "Yes! this is a dangerous condition!"
    End Sub
    Sub NO
      Call Addline("TDS' Leaktest Machine", "Testing brain for leaks, testing... testing...")
      Call Addline("TDS' Leaktest Machine", "Testing memory for leaking")
      Speak "No? That's what you're thinking! this is even more dangerous condition! On behalf of the environment And the world As a whole you must stop leaking!"
    End Sub
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Leak test running now."
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "600", "15", "3000"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "More testing from here..."
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Moveto", "15", "500", "5000"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "hum!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", CStr(Masterform.Left / 15), CStr(Masterform.Top / 15), "1000" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "think", "Hope to see you back life in forums soon!" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "By the way, any new invents of you to be expected?" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Good luck with the rebuild, thanks for informing the TDS family!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "30", "500", "1000"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "GestureAt", "25", "500", "1000"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Type 'yes' to read results of the leak test please" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Or type 'no' if you prefer that!" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Bye!!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Hide"
    Call Addline("TDS 'LeakTest", "To unload characters type 'Hide' ")
    Sub Hide
    'Sub Agent_RequestComplete(Byval Request)
    '  If Request = HideRequest then
    MSAgent.Characters.Unload "Genie" 
    '  End If
    End Sub

23. Smoker

Smoker Guest

Hi Wayne

Recently, I contacted you regarding your TDS-3 trial version. I was highly interested in your product but after trying the program out, I found that I did not have the full version - that Execution Process was left out. How do you expect a person to full test out your program before it is bought?  This is also in regards to buying a full version - You also said that refunds were not given since a 30-day trial period was given. Again, no refunds?

Also, I would like to know why there are so many Network Tools in your program? Why and What is the reason for all the unnecessary tools?  I found that all the tools were unnecessary in buying a AT.

At $50 I found TDS3 to be too expensive for my taste, especially since I had to buy the full version in order to test it properly and then there were guarantees of a refund.

24. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

To each their own I guess, I bought TDS3 FOR the network tools, the AT was a nice side bonus ;)

25. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Smoker! Welcome to Wilders.

I'll address what I can until someone higher up comes around to add to it.

'Exe Protection' isn't available in the trial version, true (although I might ask, have you tried activating it?).
    That's just the way it is, although I'm sure there's a very valid reason for it to be that way. I'd be interested in knowing, myself.

(I couldn't find anywhere on the site itself - although it may be there, somewhere -  where it tells you that, and I think it should).

The Network Tools are one of the primary reasons people do buy TDS. They want all that's offered because they like to play with all that stuff and/or find it useful for the things they have to do.

If none of that appeals to you, I guess you could look at it like the program is over-priced, but at the same time, it could also be looked at like this - all that stuff's already there in the program, waiting for you to learn and use should your interests change or your curiosity be tweaked.

About the refund policy? Since I purchased TDS, I've never had cause to even wonder if there was one.

If all you want is an AT, there are many out there at a lesser price for you to choose from - links to many of them can be found here: http://wilders.org/anti_trojans.htm .

Whatever your final choice, feel free to ask for help if you need it and make sure you learn to use whichever one to the best of it's capabilities.

HTH Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.