DiamondCS SLoader released to enable new Socket Spy 'load and watch' capabilit

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Re:DiamondCS SLoader released to enable new Socket Spy 'load and watch' capabi

spy1, I put mine in system32 so it would be in the path but perhaps that is part of my problem :)

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thank you, sir! Pete

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Dan,
    Yes I modified the fail message, so if it fails to create the process it will still tell you the process ID it tried to create (which should be 0 if it failed).

I don't use mIRC or Invision but I just installed a copy of mIRC and I was able to load it (mirc32.exe) no problems with sloader.exe. You could try it without a script, I'm not sure that'd make any difference. Also make sure you only use SLoader on .EXE files, not .BAT/other files ... :)

SLoader just calls CreateProcess with a special flag to suspend the process, so it should work on all executables that you can run on your system

4. Dan Perez

Cool, thanks. I'm going to play around with it a bit more. Yet another cool toy...

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Well, I get this far (see screenshot) by clicking on the exe in the folder I created for it.

Trying to use "Run" with a "cmd" results in the same "Not a valid Win32 application I was getting before.

? Pete

Attached Files:

6. Wayne - DiamondCS

Exactly as it says, just parse the target you want to run as a parameter :)
    ie. if you want to run c:\target.exe ...
    Start | Run | c:\pe\sloader.exe c:\target.exe

7. Dan Perez

Hmm, there is some issue at least on my station

when I set the target to the path of tds-3.exe and the target is in quotes (doesn't need to be as my install path has no spaces) it comes up with the error. If I set the same target but without the quotes it works.

ddosping is also in a non-space path but it works when the target is in quotes

multiple others with space in path (and thus requiring the quotes) do not work, but I have not yet done any exhaustive tests to iron out any consistency in the failure

8. Wayne - DiamondCS

Yep, don't use quotes, that will throw it off as it's trying to directly execute what you parse it, and although c:\file.exe might be valid, "c:\file.exe" isn't :)
    I can modify the code though so that it'll automatically strip off quotes, but I'll let you guys have a play around with it for a while in case there are any other little niggles worth fixing

9. Dan Perez

Yup, I just KNEW there had to be a simple explanation and it sure enough was simple :D

any target with or without spaces in the path works fine without quotes

Many thanks!

10. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Still not able to make it work here - not a valid win32 application.

Oh, well. Good night, everybody. Pete

11. Wayne - DiamondCS

Anyway Ive just uploaded v1.1, same download location
    Improvements:
    - If run without any parameters, instead of just telling you how to use it, it also asks if you'd like to select the file to load
    - It automatically strips quotation marks out of the parameters
    - It automatically changes / to \
    - If the process creation failed, it also lets you know if the file exists or not

12. Wayne - DiamondCS

Pete, if sloader.exe is located at c:\pe\sloader.exe and the target you want to run is c:\windows\calc.exe, then just go Start | Run | c:\pe\sloader.exe c:\windows\calc.exe

Or use the new 1.1 and select the file :)

13. Wayne - DiamondCS

v1.2 uploaded

OK I just uploaded v1.2, same download location (Port Explorer Members Area). The only difference between this and 1.1 is the addition of commandline parameter support. For example, if you want to execute "telnet 127.0.0.1", you simply specify telnet.exe, then SLoader will ask you if you want any commandline parameters - either leave it blank, or enter the parameters you want ("127.0.0.1" in this case).

This is probably the last release of SLoader unless other features are requested/bugs reported. :)

Cheers,
    Wayne

14. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Got it. Wasn't using the full path on the first part. Thanks. Pete

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

wow, even i could run it!
    the other way by running the sloder.exe, where it tells how to or gives the option to get the target now is nice too: bit longer way but no quotes stuff. :)

16. Wayne - DiamondCS

Pete: *phew* :) You were the person who first notified us of the problem, I would've been very disappointed if we weren't able to solve it for you (but I never had a doubt that we could). I've tried to make SLoader as user-friendly as possible, if you (or anyone else reading this thread) have any ideas that might further improve it/make it easier to use, feel free to fire them at me

Cheers,
    Wayne

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

a box in which we can paste/type the name of the exe we want to get started with sloader in stead of hunting for it via the explorer boxes, maybe an explorer tree drop down like we get for installation locations.
    Maybe in the same console in which comes now the question for a value.

18. Dan Perez

Hmmm,

I think the most common reason for using sloader is to test default launch's of certain programs. In this regard, (and assuming sloader.exe is in the path) the easiest and surest (IMO) method of use would be to go to that programs shortcut and copy the target field (with any switches that may be there) and go Start -> Run-> sloader and then paste in the commandline.

Given that the LNKs would by default have the path&file in quotes and arguments appended one can then use this as the same model for parsing commandline tools with arguments.

However, this would require a rewrite of the current parsing routines (and undo some of the present functionality) so a weighing of the pros and cons of such a change is in order ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.