DiamondCS Product Features

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ceegee, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceegee

ceegee Registered Member

Good morning,
    I have license for TDS3. I have read the Features sections of Process Guard
    and Port Explorer but am a bit confused. Looking for a slightly simpler way to
    compare just exactly what each does - how they may interact - features in
    one that are not included in, or add to, the other. Is there a simple matrix of
    features so one can more easily compare?

I did a search of the forums for 'features' as well but didn't find anything on
    the first few pages.

For example - what can I do with Port Explorer that I cannot do in TDS3?

What additional benefits would I gain in purchasing Port Explorer in addition to
    TDS3 etc.

TYVMIA

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Ceegee,

TDS3 -Anti Trojan = other useful utilities. Regular updates needed
    Free update to TDS4 for current licenced operators

WormGuard = Antiworm and mal-scripting with no database requirement
    Free update to WGS4 for current licenced operators

Port Explorer = Port to Process mapper with in depth logging and the ability to sniff packets plus close and or throttle ports. Requires occasional updates.

Process Guard - Kernel level protection using a driver, you can add security to programs such as your firewall or Antivirus programs so that they cannot be closed by any current malware. Also includes checksum list of all run .exes - .exe change opens secure desktop for user decision. Has both windows and file logs. No regular updates required but as new threats emerge protection will be enhanced.

There is some overlap but this is all part of an effective layered defence.

Don't forget to look at all of the other free tools avaible from here:
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=products

HTH Pilli

3. ceegee

ceegee Registered Member

Thanks Pilli,

So if I read your response correctly - there is really little overlap in functions?
    The products are unique and stand on their own?

I ask this question, and really need the info, as I am specifiying corporate
    protection software and DiamondCS is just about the best thing out there.

I'd like, of course, to get the most for our money, buy only what we need,
    and not purchase individual programs that may overlap with other, more
    comprehensive, ones.

We're looking as something in the neighborhood of 150 licenses so I need to
    make the right decision the first time.

Thanks so much,
    Chuck

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Chuck, welcome to the forum!
    Pilli explained it really well. You might like to add for the sensitive data CryptoSuite --data encryption and secure deletion-- and include intigrity checkers etc, and also inside the corporate you will love the secure messaging system (encrypted chat) which is really from pc-to-pc so a very secure way of communication.

The big four Pilli mentioned are very strong for all protection. What is also a very nice extra, the outstanding support, via email and via the 24/7 hours user support forums, which might reduce the internal helpdesk load remarkable as well, as many people here know the DiamondCS products very well, as well as a lot of other prqacticle windows issues, etc.
    You will like to write sales@diamondcs.com.au for offers and conditions.

You are right, the DiamondCS products besides being really top notch in security, intigrity, quality, support second to none are also very reasonable priced and with real nice conditions.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi again Ceegee,

The overlap between TDS3 and WormGuard is very small TDS3 uses signatures for most of it's detection with a limited generic detection for worms and other malware.
    WG uses heuristics for both worms and scripted malware. So yes there is overlap.

The TDS 3 port references and whois functions are old subset - Whereas Port Explorers are new and more accurate and much more powerful.

If I were you I would test them using the trial versions & you will soon be able to determine which might best suit your needs.

Remember there will be at least three versions of TDS4
    1. A resident Guard
    2. A stand alone scanner
    3. A pro version the features of which have not been finalised as far as I am aware.
    All versions will use incremental backups rather than the current large daily download that TDS3 uses

WormGuard 4 will have regular updates when it is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.