DHS warns of vulnerabilities in millions of smartphones

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by guest, Aug 8, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

DHS warns of vulnerabilities in millions of smartphones
    "AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile customers could be at risk" -- so basically everybody
    August 08, 2018
    https://www.techspot.com/news/75880-dhs-warns-vulnerabilities-millions-smartphones.html

2. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Nothing new here. Android itself is flawed due to it getting updates from the phone manufacturer instead of the OS developer, Google.

Hell, not even Google are good at this. 3 years of updates for a Pixel XL 2 that costs €900 where I live? It's laughable.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Android apps contain multiple vulnerabilities

4. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

5. longshots

longshots Registered Member

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I deliberately avoided anything apple in this department explicitly because they were such open targets so I chose Android models.

If there is an upside for anyone owning android, it is that if they have all the available time to spare, (which most don't) they can make their own security a whole infinitely lot better learning that O/S-rooting-and apply safety tweaks that the vendors will never inform them are there.

@Beyonder is quite right in that regard. The updates from the phone manufacturer instead of the OS developer just as well not be there in the first place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.