DHCP & Others

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by TerryWood, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

I am trying to understand and use the phantom ruleset with modifications suggested by a forum user (Ghost). His suggestions are shown below:

1) When I do the ipconfig/all scan it shows my pc as not having DHCP enabled (I have a stand alone pc not in a network) because of this I cannot input the DHCP server address in the two locations (Do I need to?). How do I configure Look n Stop for this DHCP component or do I need to?

2) Where do you import TCP/UPD/UDP : Boot/DHCP rules from?

3) Which are the connection rules in the enhanced ruleset and where are they placed or does it matter?

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated

Many thanks

Terry

"I have been using the Enhanced rule-set for the connections to Phant0m's ruleset so it auto detects my internet connection,just install Phant0m ruleset free version,then import the TCP/UPD/UDP : BOOTP / DHCP rules into Phant0m's free ruleset delete DNS1,DNS2 ETC,and import the connections rules from the enhanced rule-set and you have a auto detect Phant0m ruleset.

I have using this for over 5 years and it alway's auto dectects any change and you don't have to do anything concerning auto detecting of changed severs,IP Address,DnS,TCP/UPD/UDP/BOOTP / DHCP the LnS enhanced rule-set(rie) imports does it all for you.And work's great on the XP2 Pack.

Is it safe? Yes, if you know where to place the rules which is not hard if you compare the two rule-sets and if set up correctly you will pass every firewall test out there and almost every leak test except for 2, and not to make anybody mad I just call it a modified version of Pant0m's rule-set,good luck!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.