desktop link to virtual drive

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Frack, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frack

    Frack Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Posts:
    3
    Hi there,
    I've installed Returnil 2010, free version on a system with XP SP2. On the desktop I put a link to virtual drive, so that people know, where to store their data. It worked fine for a while, but since today windows shows a red question mark next to this link (see attached graphic), which obviously should indicate, that the drive wasn't found. Nevertheless the link still works. I guess, the reason is, that the desktop is configurated before Returnil has setup the virtual drive. Has anyone an idea, how to solve this problem?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Coldmoon

    Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Posts:
    2,981
    Location:
    USA
    Hi Frack and welcome to the forums :)

    Does the question mark remain if you dismount the drive, refresh the desktop, and then re-mount it? Try this with System Safe deactivated and let me know the results.

    Thanks
    Mike
     
  3. Frack

    Frack Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Posts:
    3
    Thanks for the welcome and the answer! Unmounting, refreshing and remounting didn't change the icon. I then manually changed it to the drive symbol without question mark, disabled the safe mode (i.e. activated "Save all changes") and restarted the computer. Yet the system didn't change the icon to the one with the question mark again.
     
  4. Coldmoon

    Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Posts:
    2,981
    Location:
    USA
    See your PM

    Mike
     
  5. Coldmoon

    Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Posts:
    2,981
    Location:
    USA
    Try renaming the shortcut with the VD mounted and System Safe off.

    Mike
     
  6. Frack

    Frack Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Posts:
    3
    6 days after changing the symbol manually, the problem didn't occur again. If the problem appears again, I'll try what you suggested and report about it here.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.