Deploy via Group Policy - what about changes to cfg.xml?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Boden, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boden

Boden Registered Member

So I can deploy via GPO, and the settings in my cfg.xml file are applied to the client.

My question is: what happens if I want to change the cfg.xml file? I'm assuming that existing clients won't pick up the changes automatically, and that I'll have to manually push these settings out?

What's standard procedure here?

Should I just specify the server in cfg.xml and then use policy manager to handle clients?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Boden,

You can push out using policy manager but there is no 2-way communication between the clients and server using policy manager. We recommend using ESET Remote Administrator to manage client machines.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Boden

Boden Registered Member

Thanks! I guess I'm really confused with all of the new names I'm having to learn here... but I think I've got it figured out now.

When I asked about using Policy Manager, I meant editing the Server Policy in the remote administrator console which then applies to all clients in my setup. This has been working fine.

While I think that the cfg.xml file can simply contain remote server and update information, what I've done is to just export the server policy to cfg.xml. That way clients get all necessary settings right off the bat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.