Dental Office, TI Server and NAS Storage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sherwin, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherwin

sherwin Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

First post!! I did a search and I couldn't find clear answers to my current situtation. I own a dental practice with a server running Server 2000 and 6 workstations. I'm previously running Veritas 9.1 and a DDS4 20/40gb tape backup system which has run out of space. My questions are:

1) Which TI software do I need in order to backup my system which is comprised of data, and large digital files? Windows Server??

2) I'm still using Veritas to back up data only. Would it be possible to run TI along with the Veritas??

3) Which NAS system works well for office backups? I've been looking at the Ximeta line of products, the Buffalo Terastion, Mirra Server and a few others.

Thanks for all of your help,

s

2. sherwin

sherwin Registered Member

Anyone out there with a similar situation?

thanks,

sherwin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sherwin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

If you are interested in being able to perform the backup\recovery process remotely, we recommend using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for backing up your server and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation for backing up your workstations. These products will allow you to backup\recover any of your computers remotely controlling the process from one main machine.

Here is the example of a possible backup environment: Acronis Management Console along with the local version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server are installed on your server. Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Agents are installed on all your workstations. As a result you are able to backup\recover any of your workstations remotely saving the resulting backups to any supported storage device such as NAS.

If you are not interested in the remote backup\recovery feature, we recommend using Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows for backing up your server and Acronis True Image 9.0 Home for backing up your workstations.

You can find more information on how to use the above mentioned products in their respective User's Guides:

We also recommend that you download and install the free trial versions of the products you are interested in to evaluate all capabilities of the software before purchasing.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the above mentioned products.

Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies (10 or more), please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume License Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

We do not expect any problems with Acronis True Image being used on the computer having Veritas backup software installed, though there is not actual need to do so :)

There are no any special recommendations in this regard, as both Acronis True Image 9.1 Corporate Family products and Acronis True Image 9.0 Home support a wide variety of the modern NAS devices.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.