Denon's $499 Ethernet Cable

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Arup, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arup

Arup Guest

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I guess they've forgotten some of the characteristics of digital vs analog signal processing....

Blue

3. Arup

Arup Guest

There are other snake oil cable makers selling cables hyped to amounts of $$$$, shameful that a reputed company like Denon is going the same path.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

True, but this is an ethernet cable. Gold plated analog cable at a premium I can almost see. But this? "Tin bearing copper alloy"? Yep, that's an 8000% price bump there. What does that make it? Cat 8000000000 or so? And it's directional? What do they do? Cajole the copper atoms to stand at attention and "look" one way? How naive are these folks? Amazing.

There's audiophile and there's crazy. This is insane and whoever put this product in circulation should be terminated - tomorrow - for showing complete disdain of the company's customer base.

Blue

5. Arup

Arup Guest

I have the so called $$$$ Van Dell Hull audiophile cables as well as cheapo Rat Shack Gold $15 cables, apart from the exquisite fit and finish of the VDH cables, there is absolutely no audible differences that my ears can make out. Having done double blind test on my friends I can confirm that they couldn't make any conclusive difference. This is snake oil territory made to sucker up suckers.

6. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I don't know if "normal people " will buy them, but definitely the government will pay those prices for them.

What doe ethernet cables have to do with audio? the reason I ask is I have never seen speakers that had a "ethernet" connection. Maybe it's a missprint because I've seen 1.5 meter ethernet cables as low as $4.99.

7. Arup

Arup Guest

Cat 5 ethernet cables are stranded together and used by audiophiles as speaker wire, its quite a rage among the audio circle.

8. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Registered Member

Not even CAT6? I guess that would cost $1k.

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

And I thought Monster Z300 Ultra High-Resolution Precision Component Video Cable at $199.95 ea. was nuts.

10. cortez

cortez Registered Member

It might be worth it if it is a mile long (and works good), otherwise it is wasted money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.