Denial of Service or site down question. Virus?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by taperino, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taperino

taperino Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to go to a regular site which I go to. It shows the google ranking, but I get a white page that says: "includes/config.php does not exist. Cannot continue"

I've tried last couple hours and get the same message. Does anyone know if this is a virus thing or just that particular server is down. I can get to other sites fine.

The site is www.christianforums.com

Thanks for your help! Taperino

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. Lurkerella

Lurkerella Guest

Yes, I see the same thingie. Have not a clue what it is? Maybe some one else will know. Patience!! is a virtue, right?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, that is an odd error condition, in that it is not normally seen...

The file "/includes/config.php" is present in every vBulletin forum, and is in fact essential since it defines some key parameters, such as "where the database is located" and other important configuration settings. No vBulletin forum can run without that file in place.

I can't imagine why it went missing. Perhaps they are working on an upgrade (several vBulletin upgrades were relased in these past weeks) and haven't finished it yet. :doubt:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, yes that is it. This message is now displaying there:

5. taperino

taperino Registered Member

Thank you all very much for your replies, and for checking the site to see if you got the same thing. Much appreciated. Taperino

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.