Dells - Snap Deploy - Universal Deploy

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by fac052, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fac052

fac052 Registered Member

Hi there, just a quick question. Has anyone managed to get either an XP or a Vista image onto an Optiplex 620, 745, 755 using SD3 and UD3? Having huge problems getting a master image created on Viglen to come down to any of the above. Pc just goes into a reboot loop. Any help to what specific drivers to use, BIOS setting to select - infact any help greatly appreciated. Acronis have supplied me with a True Image ISO for debugging purposes but not a lot of joy coming from that. Universal Deploy is just not working for us. I can get round the problem doing a manual sysprep but that's not the point! Thanks.....

Derek

2. fcs044

fcs044 Registered Member

I have 18 Dell Optiplex 330's to roll out with Vista Business and thought that SnapDeploy 3 would handle the job. I don't have reboot issues, but my profiles don't work correctly especially those with administrative rights. With one deploy I couldn't login at all using an administrative account; I just kept being returned to the login screen. However, the regular user account worked fine.

After getting a few tips from Acronis, run a disk check and reimage, I tried another deployment. This time several of the programs including Window Update would not start because of a rights/path problem. Acronis wants me to send them the images via ftp but I haven't been successful, probably because of the size of the files.

Getting the problem resolved through Acronis tech support is taking too much time. I'm searching for another solution that will allow mass rollouts.

3. dafut

dafut Registered Member

I'm having the same problem on a Dell Precision T3400. BSOD on reboot w/ 0x07B stop error.

Know that image transferred because I have to use the Administrator password to get into Recovery Console.

Currently running chkdsk /r in Recovery Console. We'll see. Acronis tech support says: we need more info.

4. frithjof

frithjof Registered Member

Hi,

we are rolling out about 60 Dell Machines. SD3 worked with Opti 330 and with Latitude D430 too. Problems are here with perpetual reboot loops on Opti 755 and Latitude D530!

No way to do it. And we tried really a löt over the past days. And as always Acronis support is absolutely not helpful. Response time roundabout a week or so with the normal mail phrases.

Any help appreciated.

frithjof

5. Haqshot

Haqshot Registered Member

That reboot issue with Vista is not caused by acronis. It is actually only rebooting because bsods are turned off. Its actually a BCD winload issue.

Enjoy this read...

Read the whole page here...

http://www.multibooters.co.uk/cloning.html

Having dealt with this issue personally on 2000 Dell Lat. 620/630 Optiplex 745/755's the article is spot on.

you have to use the /generalize flag from sysprep or boot from the vista dvd and fix the startup. I just added the /generalize flag to our sysprep routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.