Dell E6400 ethernet :-(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zdesim, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdesim

zdesim Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Home 11.0(build 8.101) and notebook Dell E6400. If I boot from CD I can´t see a network card, I cannot do a backup of my notebook.
    Is some reason for this? The newest BIOS I have, but network card still is not visible...

Thank you and sorry for my bad english...

2. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Registered Member

If you perform your backup over the network from within Windows, you should set your archive splitting so that each .tib file will fit on a CD or DVD. If you have to recover using the recovery CD, boot it up and restore your backup from optical media, starting with the highest-numbered .tib file.

Another approach would be to perform your backups to an external USB hard drive. You should have no problems reading the external USB drive after booting to a recovery CD.

Most modern computers with on-board LAN have no ethernet connectivity until proprietary drivers have been loaded by the operating system.

3. kidtriton

kidtriton Registered Member

I just ran into the same thing. Hopefully they will update with those drivers included. It's really nothing more than the Intel Pro1000 NDIS driver, I already modified a netboot disk I had with the device ID and pointed it to the Pro1000 NDIS and worked fine.

Fine as a workaround, but the bootable media needs to be updated with the device ID.

Nah, I would expect Acronis to update the bootable media to include any popular NIC once it hits the market.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Send an email to Acronis Tech Support. They may be able to send you an iso file for a Rescue CD that has the driver for your network card.

If that isn't available, you could create a VistaPE or BartPE boot disk with the necessary NIC driver and the TI plug-in.

This is a problem that Acronis has with the Linux Rescue CD. Drivers are often not included for new hardware.

5. zdesim

zdesim Registered Member

Thank you very much for your answers!

I tried new version (12 beta) and it works fine...

I will send a message to Acronis Support, because I have a licence only for TrueImage 11.

Thank you...

6. zdesim

zdesim Registered Member

Acronis sent me version 11.8.101 which can work with Dell E6400.

So thank you :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.