Dell BIOS Update A08

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomFrantz, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomFrantz

TomFrantz Registered Member

I have a Dimension 8400 that I recently updated with this BIOS update I got from Dell. I could not get my image created on an external hard drive connected via USB 2.0 until I reinstalled the A07 BIOS.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with build 937 of True Image.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TomFrantz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have tried to perform this operation booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media or in Windows?

Please also clarify whether your external hard drive was detected in Windows?

Please provide us with more information on this issue.
    Why you was not able to create an image?
    Have you received any error messages? If yes then please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error.
    Please create a screen shot of the error, if possible.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. bctf1

bctf1 Registered Member

Hi Tom,

I also have a Dimension 8400 running Bios A07 and am interested in the A08 bios upgrade. You said:
    "I could not get my image created on an external hard drive connected via USB 2.0 until I reinstalled the A07 BIOS."

What error message if any did you see when creating the image? Were you creating the image from Windows, or booting from the Bootable Rescue CD? Are you connecting the USB drive to a USB hub or to a USB port on the case? Does Windows recognize the drive in Windows Explorer?

Your post made me check Dell's community forum regarding A08 and the only post that I found of possible intersest has to do with resetting the PC's NVRAM after a bios update if problems are encountered.
    http://forum.us.dell.com/supportfor..._bios&message.id=42098&query.id=810428#M42098

Brad

4. TomFrantz

TomFrantz Registered Member

I was trying to make a new image of my internal hard drive and store it in the Acronis Secure Zone on an external hard drive using the bootable CD I created.

The problem I ran into was that True Image did not find the Acronis Secure Zone, which may also mean it did not find my external drive now that I think about it. I had no problems using the external drive through Windows, which is a Western Digital 120 Gig.

The mouse wouldn't work either using the boot CD. I have a wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 from Microsoft.

I've been using True Image to back up my internal hard drive routinely for almost a year now. I keep up with the builds and the BIOS updates from Dell for my computer.

This is as much info as I can provide without actually reinstalling the A08 BIOS and trying to image my hard drive again. Something I'm not willing to do right now, sorry.

5. Slankan

Slankan Registered Member

I just purchased TI and installed v2337. I am running a Dell Dimension 4550 with BIOS vA08. Windows XP Home with latest updates also included.

The installation went fine, but the problem I am having is creating the Secure Zone... everything seems to go normally on the reboot, etc, there are no error messages of any kind. When Windows reboots, I open TI and proceed to do a Backup and when I choose Secure Zone as the backup location it tells me that it doesnt exist. Have tried several times to no avail.

I will be posting this as a new subject also in hopes of a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TomFrantz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether your external USB hard drive is available in the list of devices when you boot a computer from the bootable rescue media?

Please boot your computer from the bootable rescue media with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic") and let us know the result.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.