Dell 755 - Snap Deploy 3/Universal Deploy 3

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by fac052, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fac052

fac052 Registered Member

Hi there, a quick question from a new poster and a new acronis customer. We have a huge batch of Dell Optiplex 755's that we need to get both vista and XP out on. We have 'mule' machines with both Vista and XP builds. When I try and take a Vista image down to the 755 using Snap and Universal ( with no drivers selected ) the machine images then gets as far as the Vista status bar and sticks. A reboot takes me to the safe mode/start normally etc menu and from there it continually restarts. If I manually sysprep the vista image with generalise selected, that image will come down fine onto a 755 and boots no problem. I've even taken a copy of c:\win\system32\drivers from a working 755 with vista and included this as the driver repostory when using Universal deploy, again it doesn't boot. The bios is set to 'RAID AUTODETECT/ ATA' by default. I know the easy answer is use sysprep but i'd like to try and get UD working! I have issues with XP also universal deploy. Any thoughts? Thanks....

Derek

2. MTFysherman

MTFysherman Registered Member

Derek,
    Good luck. We just bought Acronis too and I am having huge issues with getting the 755 to work. I finally pestered them enough with phone calls that they got me a new Kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat that solved my problems for the most part. I had issues that the NIC would not find the network. Now after the new dat's most eveything seems to work except for not being able to pull a DHCP from my office. I guess I'll launch another call. Yippe!!! Great tech support here.:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.