Delf.AQ

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Leedow, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leedow

Leedow Registered Member

Greeting.

I just got infected with Delf.AQ virus/malware or whatever it is. (go.exe in each partition except C:\ and c:\windows\system\logo_1.exe). They were both identified as Delf.AQ by Nod32.

Nod32 successfully removed them both but I got some strange symptom. When I doubleclick D:\ in "This Computer", "Open With..." pops up and asks me which program to open D:\ with. This is the same for all partitions except C:\.

Also. When I rightclick C:\, the first topic is "Open". When I rightclick for example, F:\ the first topic is "`" "ò" "¿" "raised a (just like a raised 2 = ²" "(" "O" ")". The "Open" is three topics below.

I've googled it (then I found this forum, yay!) but no results. I can still access the paritions by typing in F:\ in the bar or just rightclick and click open.

If anyone know how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it!

David

2. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Make a backup of your registry and then delete the value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\ and all subkeys of that from the Registry and restart your PC.

If it does not work, restore your old registry keys.

Not 100% sure if it will work or not, so take caution and dont blame me if things go titsup :D

Can also try to stick in your Windows CD and click start>run> sfc /scannow

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.