Deletion of Trial Software

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by KM1, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KM1

KM1 Registered Member

During the removal phase of the trial version of TDS-3 I got the message aksing if I wanted to delete shared files. I was using add/remove programs in windows. I got this message about 3 or 4 times and clicked on "yes to all" each time. Now I am wondering if some of these files were not really part of TDS-3. My computer seems fine but was wonderinf if I broke any other software on my computer or in Windows that I am not aware of, Yet, by removal of TDS-3 in this manner? Any help would be appreceiated.

Km1

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there KM1,
    I always click "no" in such cases when not sure. Depends on which files they were.
    Didn't you like TDS on your system?

3. KM1

KM1 Registered Member

It is not that I did not like it. I was asked to download it and see if it could find anything on my computer based on a hijackthis log I had made. It is 49$ for the full version and I cannot really afford that with all the other protective software I am running. Would like to know what files this program attaches to or it shares so I can replace those files if I need to. How can I find this outo_O

KM1

4. Carver

Carver Guest

I always look first to see if there are other programs that are dependent on the shared files I want to delete.
    @KM1 Can you use system restore to go back and restore the files and TDS-3,then uninstall TDS-3 and leave the shared files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.