deleting obsolete scripts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amiracam, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amiracam

amiracam Registered Member

been researching backup software , tried Memeo and hated it it came with my Western Dig 1 TB "book". Then others and finally Acronis it seems to be fast, do complete disk images but then unfortunately a snag. Now when I re-start Acronis (personal edition 2009) upon initializing , I get messages stating:

"deleting obsolete scripts" or something to that extent, this keeps going and going, it never stops. It floors the cpu to 100%. I am btw running the trial edition.

Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. amiracam

amiracam Registered Member

anybody ?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello amiracam

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I may recommend you to completely re-install Acronis True Image by the means of our special Clean Up Utility.
    1. Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility package and install it.

2. Run Windows Device Manager (Start –> Control Panel –> System –> Hardware –> Device Manager). Right-click on Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer and select "Uninstall" item.

3. Download Acronis Clean Up Utility, copy it to a separate folder and run. Please note that you should be logged in using an account with administrative privileges when running the tool.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cleanup process.

You can also have a look at the article in our KB here

After that, please install Acronis True Image once again and check if the issue still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Rasovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.