Deleting Archive List

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robhix, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robhix

robhix Registered Member

Hey all,

I am running Acronis TrueImage Home 2009 and I want to delete the entries out of the archive list the Acronis keeps.

I do daily backups. On Sunday a full backup gets done followed by incremental backups the other days of the week. I do the backups to an encrypted file container, so there is only one weeks backups in one container.

Right now I am going in every week and setting the archive to create a new archive, not add to an existing archive, because I am getting irritated with the backup file having a long string of meaningless numbers appened to it after several weeks.

So, is there any way to keep this from happening? If I knew the file the archive information was stored in I could have my backup maintenace script delete it weekly.

This is really annoying to me. Annoying to the point that I am actually considering looking for another disk imaging/backup solution that will name files like I want them names, not like some programmer at the company wants them named.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob Hix

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The only thing I can propose you is to rename the backup archives manually, you will be able to specify the necessary information to every backup file you have.

You can do it in the following way: Launch the program -> Backup and restore -> Manage and restore -> Make right click on any backup file and select the Rename option. Acronis True Image Home 2009 stores information about the backup archives in a metadata information database, if you manage backup archives from within the program interface, the changes will be added to the information database.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.