(Delete_this)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Kens, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kens

Kens Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I am at my local CTC (community technology centre) place today, where I volunteer and apparently there is found a "Delete_this" worm, (if it is a worm, is it a worm ?) in the file server.
    Does anyone know of this one, or is this used as a means of confusing spammers when (Delete_this) is entered into an email address or url. eg examlpe(delete_this)@example.com or http://www(delete_this).example.com
    I would think the user is instructed to then delete the (delete_this) bit and use as normal o_O
    I have googled this one and have lookad at 2 anti-virus data bases search and no results.
    Any clues would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)

btw, I have quite an interest in computer security and just learning to assess hijack this logs :)
    <hr>
    Ok, thanks, I now have found out that I don't have all the information, sorry, the ctc that I volunteer for will endeavour to get the info that avg found, at a later date :)
    Sorry about that, I'll get back to you if need be :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As to your problem, more information would be good ;) :D

In regards to security, this is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain.

You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.