Delete Dell stuff from hard drive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by nodsirrah, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_hatchett

john_hatchett Registered Member

The system that I am trying to backup is a dell mini 10v. It is probably partitioned the same a Don's. My daughter took it with her for a semester of study abroad so I don't have it with me to do a screenshot. She had a drive error and dell is replacing the hard drive sometime soon so I am trying to get her prepared in case the replacement drive is blank. She doesn't have an external drive except for a couple of USB flash drives, she is travelling as light as possible and connecting via wifi at an internet cafe.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi john,

I am not familiar with that machine - I didn't see a screenshot of Don's either.

It does appear that he imaged the drive the o/s was on - not realising the boot files were on a different partition ( most people wouldn't know that).

Without seeing a screenie - The safest thing is to image the whole drive - every partition and the MBR.

Not sure that will fit in an 8gb flash drive. You might get it on a couple.

I don't know what Dell do - but I expect you are right - it will probabaly be blank drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.