DefenseWall HIPS 40% Off on BitsDujour!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by arsenaloyal, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Comodo now has almost no popus at all.
    ;)

2. blasev

blasev Registered Member

64bit would be a dream comes true :D :thumb:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

siketa but comodo it is some how alitle buggy :)
    where Defensewall is more stable

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I have not come across any major bugs yet in comodo.:thumb:

5. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

I would buy a copy of Defensewall HIPS if I had a 32bit operating System but unfortunately I only have a Desktop Computer running Windows 8 x64 and I don't own a Notebook. Too sad...I really like this Software. I've tested it recently in a virtual machine but I prefered the unskinned nostalgic Version :D

Nevertheless anyone who owns a 32bit OS should really consider buying this gem of Software.:thumb:

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Anyone using sandboxie and defensewall together? I'm thinking that it might be a little overkill.....

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Does the developer have any intention of developing a 64 bit version? I would have thought this would have been done a long time ago.

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Here are some discussions on that topic, kjdemuth.
    Sandboxie and DefenseWall

PS - I really like what Scoobs72 had to say here :
    Beautiful! Defenseboxie. :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

or sanwall;)

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Not currently but in the past the two ran together here w/o any issues on Xp.

Define overkill. :D

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

overkill:D :)

12. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I'm running DefenseWall Personal Firewall to see how it behaves on my system and based on that, decide to purchase the license. I do have one question for those who have experience with it. Is there a Guide or something similar where I can refer to configure DW for maximum protection/efficiency? I'm kinda looking for something like Chiron's guide for CIS. Thanks.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my friend i am sorry to tell you :) that defensewall is set at high by default :) it is set and forget application:)maybe password protect it:thumb:

14. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I might buy it and try it with Sandboxie. Then I'd have to get rid of NVT. :(

15. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

It sure is set and forget. I've been playing around with it the whole evening and haven't found a thing I can tweak to actually make it behave differently or improve protection. It plain works out-of-the-box!!! Pretty cool indeed.

16. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

There's no comparison between Comodo and DefenseWall...I'm using Comodo 6 64 bit with Behavior Blocker and Hips set on Paranoid right now...but only because there's nothing else that I can find that comes close to the level set by DefenseWall. Using DefenseWall is so easy. Either an application is trusted or untrusted and there's a long list of default untrusted (like Firefox, IE, etc) so setting it up is a breeze. Just set it and forget it...as the saying goes. A lot of intelligence went into the making of DefenseWall so the user will not be bombarded by questions about this or that (like I am in Comodo Hips Paranoid...think about it...Win 8...126000 files...reckon I've had a prompt about every one of them..:)).

Comparing DefenseWall to CFS is like comparing a Tesla to a 57 Chevy in need of restoration. It runs, but its got a lot wrong with it.

Just my opinion.

Later...

17. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Well, that is the point of paranoid mode-to ask you about everything.
    If you don't like it, switch to Clean PC mode.

On x64 systems, AppGuard is kind of replacement for DW.

18. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

What!? Say those hard fought 126000 hips rules were all for naught!? NEVER!! ;). Seriously though, Comodo 6 has some major flaws, as evidenced by some posts at their forum and my own personal experience, that concern me. Not all of them have work-arounds. But Comodo is useable and it is light.

You're absolutely right. But, I don't like the way AppGuard handles usb drive insertions. I use thumb drives a lot so having to take those extra steps became a bother.

Later...

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The only concern i have is that the comodo av is not detecting ANY malware at all within its own virtual area.The virtual environment seems to totally lock out comodo altogether.It doesnt even detect the eicar test file.So as far as isolation is concerned it is solid enough but it will not allow the av or firewall to function properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.