Defensewall 2.56

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jnthn, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Good day,

I have Defensewall 2.56 freebie still installed alongside Returnil 2008 on a windows XP SP3 computer and use it 95% of the time under a LUA account (SuRun installed for occassional admin escalation). I wonder though if Defensewall 2.56 is still up to the task of protecting my computer or should I just uninstall it being that I run under a LUA anyhow?

One feature I really like about Defensewall is that only allowed programs can access specific files on my desktop, or at least that's how I interpret it e.g. opera.exe is the only executable that can access my opera profile if configured to do so. I tried out some other programs and found that Spyshelter free can do this too, as well as run in a LUA. So I'm kinda weighing my options atm, go with a newer app or stay with the current setup which, as far as my limited knowledge in pc security is concerned, seems to be running just ok.

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

2.56 version is very outdated. But it still provides more protection (anti screen capturing, for instance) then just simple LUA.

3. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Tyvm for the input and for the freebie version of Defensewall as well. I guess I'll give the more updated Spyshelter free a try and see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.