DefenseWall 2.20 released.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Blackcat, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

I have them both , DW is much more user firendly. GW is more configurable. What I do not like about the latest GW release is that when you copy an UNtrusted file to another partition/disk it will get the status trusted.

I removed GW, so maybe some body can test whether this is still the case

2. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

By design (sadly), it is still the case

Regards,

MaB

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

whats the difference between the free version of DefenceWall and paid version?

in test Defence wall does better that threatfire ?

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

There is no free version of DefenseWall.
    There is a trial and then only paid version.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Comparing DW vs threatfire is like tasting Wine vs Beer, both contain alcohol (defense elements), and will make you drunk (let your system feel safe). You can use both or either one, depending upon your personal choice.

DW is a sandbox with HIPS(Ilya likes to use this term), while TF is more or less a behaviour blocker. Now speaking of Behaviour blocker, giveawayoftheday dot com has Mamutu (I still have hard time to remember the name) free for remaining 9 hours so. The current version is much stable than earlier ones. It has been running on my 2laptops for the last few hours, still not making any annoyance. Seems a keeper after all. The money saved from here perhaps can facilitate you to purchase DW--an excellent app, an ever green keeper.

My catch of the day---Mamutu---European stock

Take care.

6. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

But wine contains more alcohol per litre. Therefore DW is more secure than threatfire... :D :D Funny analogy of security software :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.