Defender Pro Virus scan wont load

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SpiritSister007, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritSister007

SpiritSister007 Registered Member

I have windows 98 SE and use Kasperskys Defender Pro 5 in 1 which worked great until this morning. The icon disappeared from the lower right corner and now when I restart the computer, the icon pops up and then disappears and task amnager shows the program but when the icon goes the program goes. It wont load. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it does the same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks Lori

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Did you go to

www.defender-pro.com

and check out their support?? They have a list of errors you may get, and a list of fixes.

3. SpiritSister007

SpiritSister007 Registered Member

Yes I tried that site but thank you. I couldnt seem to find the answer there that I was looking for. I may email them at a later date if I cant get any answers in the forums. Thansk again! Lori

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I would call them I emailed them two weeks ago and didn't get any response. the number is on the website.

//EDIT//
    Here it is:
    410-568-3639 they are great on the phone, but not so hot with email.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  5. Ga1tar

Ga1tar Registered Member

Sounds like excellent customer service

6. ceemunster

ceemunster Registered Member

Just ran into that problem myself, which is what prompted me to ran into this site. So far as I can tell, the current key file is 0005228f.key which has an expiration date of 12/29/2004. I e-mailed their support requesting a new key. To test if this is the problem you have...simply change the date on your PC to apx. 3 months back. Then try opening Defender Pro again. It should load. If so, you will need an updated serial key also.

7. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Or you can just call them and get a new key in about 5 minutes, ;)

8. HARPER

HARPER Guest

antivirus database currupted. error code (24)

9. sayyour

sayyour Guest

i get same thing error code 24 still after 4 times of re-installing. it also said that driver (KLIF) had error while loading.

10. Kopil

Kopil Guest

is it a light antivirus or o_O
    anyone?

11. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

You better go for the origional Kaspersky...

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I agree. Defender Pro does not recieve the program updates (not engine/definition updates) that KAV does, and if there is any bug, it is up to Defender Pro whether they want to fix it or not. They may or may not provide a fix.

13. rmd

rmd Guest

did they provide you with a fix? i am getting the same error

error while loading anti-virus protection driver RLIF

and also that the database is corrupted

14. rmd

rmd Guest

im sorry that should have been drive KLIF

15. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No guarantees, but you could try this (Defender is a Kaspersky clone, just an older version):

Download the cumulative.zip (Complete) & daily.zip (Current), from here:http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates/zip

Then you unzip them (cumulative first) into the bases folder, you find it in "Documents and Settings" > "All Users" > "Application Data" > "Kaspersky Anti-virus Personal" > "5.0" > "Bases". (click yes, when you are asked if it's ok to overwrite) When you have unzipped both zip's to this folder, then do a reboot (important!)

To be able to see "Application Data", you have to open "Explorer", go to "Tools" > "Folder Options" > "View" and check "Show hidden files and folders", click "Apply" and "Ok".

16. rmd

rmd Guest

thank you for your reply. i really do appreciate it. unfortunately i get an error now that says that it couldnt download because the connection has been reset. (i also get the same message when i tried to download an antivirus program from download.com )thanks anyway though i really appreciate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.