Defender Pro AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JimIT, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

I posted a similar FYI a few months ago, but now Defender Pro LLC has produced a standalone antivirus in addition to their Defender Pro AV/Firewall combination mentioned in my previous post.

As before, the AV component is "powered by Kaspersky", and for all intents and purposes (and from the limited screenshots on the box), appears to be a repackaged KAV Lite.

License specs include "...unlimited computers", and I'm taking that to mean "In your household". ;)

Quite a bargain at $9.92. Available at a certain large retailer from Bentonville, Arkansas. ;)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just looked at defender pro tonight at that store. My grand daughter needed a very simple to use av and at that price I had to get a copy. Being (kav lite) it should have pretty fair detection rates. And did we mention it is very inexpensive. ;)

3. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

Where can I find this AV? the www. please!!! thanks a lot for answering :D

4. bigc73542

Did not find this av online, it is available at wa#-#ar#. That is the only place I have seen it.

5. shoshoni

shoshoni Guest

You can pick up Defender Pro AV and Firewall at Office Max or Office Depot. :DI got mine peronsally at the Max...

wonders if this can get rid of nasty trojans?

6. bigc73542

Kaspersky based av's should be good at trojan detection. ;)

7. edq

edq Guest

I bought his and installed it Feb 15. The key (in the help section, About Program) says my subscription expires 12/29/2004.

Is that normal - less than one year?

Also, the unlimited computers... is that from the box (I saw that quote) or the actual license (sorry, I didn't read it as closely as I should have.)

8. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

No.

Yes. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.