Deerfield Personal Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by controler, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Has anyone tried Deerfield Personal Firewall out yet?

I thought I would give it a try since I am such a software junkie :D

They also have a firewall called VisNetic Firewall

http://www.deerfield.com/

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

I had. Rule based firewall, I had a hard time to stealthed all ports!
    It comes with preconfigured rules for Home, Office and Road. Home and Office will leave wide open ports on you computer. Extra configuration is needed.

Technodrome

3. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

It first was to come out as Advanced firewall, then AMBRA, and finally got out as Visnetic.
    The coder is James. Does Conseal ring a Bell ? Same guy.

4. controler

controler Guest

This is what they CLAIM

Port Tracking Page

This report monitors all system ports and protects them against any unauthorized entry. In most cases, Personal Firewall goes one step further and makes all system ports invisible to all intruders (referred to as "Stealth" mode). Personal Firewall reports the following:

Application Name - This lists any application that may have access to the Internet or outside networks.
    Port/ID - Every system has over 65,000 ports. This lists which port ID number is being used for the transfer of information.
    Protocol - This is the Network Protocol, or type of network connection used to send the packet.
    Local Address - This is the Internet address of the user's system.
    Remote Address - This is the Internet address that indicates from where the incoming packet originated. This will list either a specific IP, or if one is not currently detected, it will give a status (such as "Listening for packets/connections").

Click here for more information/systems tests regarding Port Tracking.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mickey's right - Visnetic it is. And IMHO James Grant is doing a nice job here. Not perfect yet, but OK ;)

(love them old "Conseal" days..)

regards.

paul

6. Hi There

Hi There Guest

Hi all,

Why wouldn't you use Conceal PC Firewall 2.09 today, and what do you use now?

Thanks

Good Day,
    d:^)

7. controler

controler Guest

I am using Outpost today but Deerfields is very similar.
    Wasn't sure how to stop the referer while using it and didn't use it that long. It sure looks like it will be a fine personal firewall though.

8. Hi There

Hi There Guest

But why wouldn't you use ConSeal today?

9. snowy

snowy Guest

Hi There

perhaps this has something to do with your question

Effective January 1, 2002, C&C Software will no longer be distributing the ConSeal PC Firewall. While we still consider ConSeal to be an effective firewall solution, we felt that it was time to begin offering a firewall that employs more current technology, and has full support for today's operating systems and connection methods

10. Hi There

Hi There Guest

...and so you think Deerfield is the firewall of today, as conseal was to yesterday? Or were you saying Outpost is "The One.?"

And Thanks for your help.

Good Day,

11. Hi There

Hi There Guest

Oh and by-the-way,

I use Conseal PC firewall 2.09, and Zonealarm (free) dial up, or I dial up through smoothwall 0.9.9 w/ the same as above running, and also both with snort IDScenter surin' things up (hopefully). All on a multi boot win98SE/linux RH 7.2 box. I haven't read enough to get my linux online yet, 'cause I want strong securty it's first time out. ~smiles~

Later, and again, "Thanks for you help."

PS any advice on the above setup would be greatly appreciated. I think I have really great rules sets for my old conseal and would like to know how if possible could I transfer them to Deerfield?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.