deepfreeze removal?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by C.S.J, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

tried the un-installs, when i reboot, tray icon appears again etc etc.

tried re-installing, it says i have to disabled it before i can, how can i do this, or ... how can i just get rid of it?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

is there nobody with an answer how to get rid of this crap, or is it a format?

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Contact Faronics and explain the situation.

Blue

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: To properly uninstall DF v6, first you need to remember your own password. Then find DF's installation file, which I do hope you have stored it somewhere on your drive. Before proceeding further, you need to thaw DF (you probalby did not do this step) using password. Once DF is in thawed state, open DF's installation file, follow instructions, easy as piece of cake. You can use the same procedure to install DF, but remember this: once it is installed, it is in freeze state. You need to enter password to thaw it. I must emphasize that if password is beyond your reach, you are entirely out of luck. v.6 has made some significant improvements over v.5 due to "unfreezer" incident or those methods described on the link provided by Erik. If you ever receive a lifeline sort of reply from developer, please let us know. Your situation may not unique, and it could happen to me or other users someday. Good luck.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

this software is the most MACHINE INFESTATION software ever,

install at your own risk,

i formatted, and weeee its gone, and everything is tip-top again.

i did remember my password, the 8 digit one and it still would not disable for me to un-install it, the software is also a pain in the butt to use, NOT user friendly.

worst software ive used in some months.

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

DF is used on kiosks, & in the computer labs of many schools/colleges. In those environments, DF is designed to enable free use of the computer, while at the same time protecting the computer from careless hands (or even malicious hands). Because of this, DF HAS to be difficult to defeat/uninstall/disable.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, C.S.J.: I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you. From what I have gathered so far, most DF standard users are happy campers. Even the trial period of DF has lapsed, it will turn into thawed state from freeze mode w/o any intervention. You used password and DF still can not be disabled from freeze to thaw, that is weird. I just wish its developer is able to provide some clues. DF is so solid as a rock that any level of mistreatments will virtually fail. Again, without a password, you do'nt even think about to disable it. In your case ,I agree that reinstalling O/S is the only feasible solution.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I never used DeepFreeze, but I used Anti-Executable. Without reading the introduction email or reading the manual, you can't use Anti-Executable or uninstall it. The first time I installed AE, I thought it didn't work. Even the icon in the system tray doesn't work, unless you know how to do it. AE doesn't even appear in the Add/Remove list.
    I guess DeepFreeze is similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.