Deep Seated IEProblem

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by KCD86, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCD86

KCD86 Registered Member

I have XP Home, when ever I sign on to Internet Explorer I immediately get a web adress 69.20.62.53/yyy2, or 69.20.62.53/yyy5, also while I am on Aol browser same web adress pops up. It also is changing my web page home adress from foxnews to zesty.com (search engine)Then ---- I get a microsft alert stating Intenet explorer has encounted a problem and need to close. Pleae tell microsoft and send error report.
    I have run spybot and adaware and Macafee and have deleted anything they have recommended, but to no avail. Help
    Thanks Kevin D o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi KCD86,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Could you please follow the instructions posted here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Regards,

Pieter

3. KCD86

KCD86 Registered Member

Hi Peiter
    Thanks for helping me!!!
    I click on the adress you want me to go to but it keeps sending me back to the forums page o_O

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

This is what that post says:

[hr]In order to get the fastest and most accurate assistance possible and to help us to help you better, please follow these three steps when posting your HijackThis Log:
    [hr]
    Step 1: Download, install and run one of these spyware cleaning programs:

Either program will do, they are simply listed in alphabetical order. Follow the specific instructions listed below for which ever program you choose. Remember which program you used as you'll need to post that in Step 3.

Having run one of the two programs above, or both if you like, your system should now be clean of many of the most well known hijackers and spyware items which should make reviewing your log easier.

[hr]
    Step 2: Download, extract and run HijackThis itself:

Make sure you use the latest version of this program as it is updated often to keep up with the latest threats! When running HijackThis note that most of what it finds will be harmless, so don't try to "Fix" anything yet!!

HijackThis is a very powerful tool! If you want to try and fix things yourself with it, keep in mind that it makes no distinction between good or bad items. It just does whatever the user instructs it to do, no matter what the consequences might be. You could end up disconnecting yourself from the internet or being unable to reboot your system at all!

[hr]
    Step 3: Start a new topic here in this section and post your log.

When posting your log, it is also important to tell us which program (Ad-aware or Spybot S&D) you ran and also what problems you are experiencing with your system. Write this information at the top of your new post and then paste the full contents of your HijackThis Log below it.

If you actually don't believe that you have a hijack or spyware on your system, or if you haven't seen any problems and merely want your log reviewed, then please tell us that in your post.

Update History: [*]11/20/03 - Added additional settings for Ad-aware execution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.