Debugwiz experts lurking about, here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Been faithfully updating drivers for some time, I thought, to end rude bugcheck/reboots. Zip/nada/zilch; getting really tired of this nonsense and I can see why a smug Apple crowd crows about not dealing with this MS-Intel rubbish (and I'm sorry to sound whiny - and your help would be appreciated).

The app debugwiz (perhaps to my feeble mind) is written for & by gearheads, and no offense meant to programmers, but this is like pounding sand down a rathole, for getting real world results. Seems these reports read: and/if/or... programmers shouldn't insert this into... or, gee, it's a common bugcheck, vibrations from Alpha Centauri on alternate Tuesdays and Saturdays may cause... blah-blah-blah 'til the eyes glaze over, reading this stuff.

Any app on planet earth, that flat out said in English "here's the problem, & to fix it, do this" would be worth serious money IMO.

I'd like to find the problem, fix it, move on to computing without bugchecks trashing surfing, or backups, etc.

So, any brave takers out there want to bang your head against the wall, read big reports on bugchecks, and perhaps suggest what the tech speak is actually saying? (I can post debugwiz reports on boxnet, to not take up space here, if that is best). Or, do I just have to live with it, and consider it life under the WinTel platform?

* Yeah - even had vague thoughts of wiping out C drive and starting over from scratch, which seems severe, and even so all that work doesn't mean the problem would end. [Also, have one other minor glitch wherein at bootup time I'm told "Windows can't find C:/Program" every so often; even crops up now and then during installation of some new app & it'd be nice to banish that nonsense as well, if possible].

Many thanks, for any ideas or help on this, from "desperate PC user/slowly going mad" over this, in the Midwest. So, if you are one to do the NY Times Sunday crossword puzzles, in ink, this mess is your brain teaser for the day... <g>

2. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

I am most definately not an expert but I do use debugwiz myself to track down which file(s) is responsible for a BSOD. Post the contents of debuglog.txt here and I'm sure you will get help (if I can't help you I'm sure someone else can).

regards,
    T

3. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Teknokrat -

Here ya' go... (assuming text file/s aren't overly large, and hit the limit, of what one can post here). And pardon possible repeats of reports; I sometimes have so many, in a given time frame. Ergh. ;-(

Thanks,

Attached Files:

4. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  5. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

Hi again!
    The first log suggests that aehcd.sys caused the crash
    (line 35 and line 194ff)

aehcd.sys is a USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Driver from Adaptec USB 2.0 Driver Stack.

The second log (posted on this board) says the crash was caused by ausb2hub.sys.

ausb2hub.sys is a part of the USB 2.0 Hub Drivers for the Adaptec USB 2.0 Driver Stack.

I gotta rush now but I'll look at the logs you linked to later this evening.
    I don't know what you make out of these results but at least they point in the same direction - that the USB drivers caused the crashes. Are the drivers meant for your OS? Check if there are updated drivers @ Adaptecs site.

------------------------------------------------------------

OK, now I checked the linked logs. I don't know if the two you posted here are included in those five logs you linked to?

Unfortunately I cannot give you a detailed description of what went wrong and why - my knowledge stretches only so far as to which files caused the crashes.

http://www.box.net/shared/6h2f3k98oo
    aehcd.sys (a USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Driver from Adaptec USB 2.0 Driver Stack)

http://www.box.net/shared/x4j4ysiogg
    Ntfs.sys (the Microsoft NT File System Driver) & possibly amon.sys (the Amon monitor for NOD32)

http://www.box.net/shared/xaivf1b4ko
    Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

http://www.box.net/shared/atkirparoo
    ausb2hub.sys (a USB 2.0 Hub Driver for the Adaptec USB 2.0 Driver Stack)

http://www.box.net/shared/304fyi1fk4
    aehcd.sys (just like the 1st one)

Perhaps someone with deeper knowledge of BSOD dumps can assist you further and actually see why these crashes occured.

I hope you will find a solution.

regards,
    T

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  6. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Teknokrat -

Least of my worries, right now: got (I think) newer USB control util. to install/update & BOOM! Locked up mouse, killed the UPS; couldn't even tab around in Safe Mode to get anywhere. Couldn't use Last Known good Config. to reboot to anyplace satisfactory, couldn't uninstall app in Add/Remove.

Happily, thankfully, Casper 4.0 cloning util., which I'd used just 1-2 days ago to clone C to G drive worked and G: is my "new" C drive for the moment 'til I clone this HD back over to the normal C: drive.

Man, that was a train wreck, waiting to happen; not even sure what happened. But, if that happened I can see why their buggy software is causing crashes.

Best,

7. duffmaster

duffmaster Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.