Debit Card Purchase Blunder (BEWARE)

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-Rescue Forum' started by Fuzzfas, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

To give you an example about how services work and how bureaucracy works even in cases where you can't imagine.

When i first did a contract with my ISP, they were offering ADSLmodem/router on leasing, at 3 euros per month. At the time, such a router was costing much to buy it by your own, so it was OK (or so i thought). At some point, their prices fell sharply. They continued to charge 3 euros per month. After 2 years, i decided to buy a new one, mine, so i didn't have use for theirs anymore. So i called them to ask what i should do to stop paying the 3 euros per month, because now i had my own modem/router. Basically, i had to send it back to a specific city, "in the original package, including the filters, cables, drivers CD and manual". Fortunately, i had all this.

There are thousand of other people, elderly specially, who don't even remember they still pay the 3 euros per month and keep paying them after 6 or more years. Basically by now, they have paid the weight of their obsolete router in gold.

Already in my case, it was ridiculous, to ask me to send them back a used, obsolete device that after 2 years of use was in bad shape and i have paid for 72 euros (3x12x2) in total in the arch of 2 years. In the market, at the time, you could buy a new one, much faster and better for half the price. They should have said "it's yours, keep it". It's of no use to them, the speed is now obsolete and even the cable was a bit torn. But , they do that, exactly to make your life harder, so that you may abbandon the idea of sending it back (you have to send it as package at your own expense) and with the full original accessories (even the used filter!), so that you will continue paying the € 3 per month.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  2. Fuzzfas

I remember the first time i went to the bank branch to put money on the card...

The clerks says: "Did you have this card issued in this branch or in another?"

- "In this one".

- "Oh good! Because othwerise things would get complicated". :ninja:

I mean, it's the same bank. How complicated can it be to manage a card?

3. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

Hey!
    If it's any comfort, the same thing happened to me (and Mitch solved the problem with the actual purchase very quickly - :thumb: thanks!), and I think it took like 5-7 days for the money to re-appear on the account. My first attempt to buy FDR failed so I tried another card (which also failed) and I ended up getting things fixed manually by Mitch - but the money had already been withdrawn.

Give it a cpl more days and see what happens - by the time I got my money back I had forgotten about them, so it was a very welcome addition (I'm not rich, you know :p)

regards,
    T

4. Fuzzfas

Thanks, it's what i hope for too. I 'd like to avoid writing letters and waiting for months for ombudsmen and that stuff. I 'd rather forget about it and find my serenity sooner...

Well, if your bank took 7 days to make your money reappear, mine should take 21 days (i have the slight suspicion that my bank is more bureucratic and slow than yours in Sweden :rolleyes: ).

In any case, from now on i will only use Paypal or intermediaries which i have already used and know i can trust for hassle-free transaction. I told Mitch that if in the future he intends to add Paypal, he can send me a PM and i will try again.

5. Leapfrog Mitch

Leapfrog Mitch Leapfrog Staff

Just to clarify, the majority of our initial orders were from overseas customers, and we only had several problems with credit cards being rejected because of the bank verification checks. We've made a few adjustments and things are much better now.

P.S. If you're really trying to burn through 2.5 million, might I suggest our Server product at least? :D

- Mitch / Leapfrog Software

6. Fuzzfas

My money REAPPEARED!!! YESSS!!!! :argh: :argh: :argh:

To be more precise, the 4 charges on my movement's list disappeared and my amount of money went up again! What an idiot bank!

Thank you all!

7. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

Yayyy! Very good news Fuzzfas.
    I'm really glad you got it sorted out.:thumb:

8. Fuzzfas

Me too! Well, it sorted itself out, since they re-appeared on their own. After... ONLY 10 days! :blink:

Well, there was a happy ending and that's more important. But from now on, i learnt my lesson and will be much more careful before buying with this card, specially abroads. Next time i may not be so lucky.

9. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

Good to hear that! :thumb: :D

10. Fuzzfas

Yes, me too. :D It was a variation of your case. Ironically in the past few days, having FD-R would have been very useful to me, after a series of mysterious windows crashes and corruption making windows unbootable that made me restore Macrium images about 10 times and installing/uninstalling drivers like mad. At the end it was a RAM module that was failing... If the purchase of FD-R had succeeded i would have spared myself much time and frustration... There are some periods where all things go in the wrong way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.