Debian Stretch 9.5 Released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by guest, Jul 15, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Debian Stretch 9.5 (July 14, 2018)
    Announcement

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

The net iso of 9.5 "debian-9.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso" is problematic. (At least with the expert graphicall installation... cannot find the source disc to load the files and the installation cannot continue):eek:
    If anyone wants to perform a net installation should use the previous one "debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso" from the archive https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/9.4.0/amd64/iso-cd/

ps. I wonder if they really test their isos...:confused:

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

That's strange because I used the 9.5 net install without any problems... used Rufus to burn it to a usb thumb drive and all went fine.

4. pandlouk

I used "dd" and graphical expert install. 9.5 could not proceed. 9.4 gave no problem(... except from the inability to correctly set the locale during the installation if more than one locales are used; but this is a common problem to all versions 6,7,8,9.)

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I did use the graphical install at the main menu, but I don't know if it was "expert" or not. I have been using this method (Rufus to usb and graphical install) for all of the point releases since 8.something and never had an issue. Not sure what's going on with "dd", but maybe that's the problem? Otherwise, no idea...

6. pandlouk

probably was something broken with the graphicall expert install on 9.5...

edit: the problem was with dd creation. if used iso with rufus everything is fine

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.