Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 Released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by TheKid7, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 was released.
    http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07844

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Anyone know how long before a live cd ISO will be available?

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

That's a very interesting new feature, specially considering that some Linux software is only available in 32bits versions. I wonder if its going to be adopted in Ubuntu forthcoming releases...

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Voila; Stable and stable+non-free 7.0 page link and torrent page link.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Great! Thanks Baserk.. :)

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Finally got around to doing a netinstall of this one today, and I must say, this is very nice, polished, and stable. I'm not a huge fan of Gnome 3, but this is nicely done. I noticed there was also an option at the login menu to do a "Classic Gnome" UI at login, but haven't checked that out yet. But overall, really nice. I might stick with this for a while. The only things I had to manually install were the Adobe Flash Plugin (the gnash crap didn't work on streaming video sites), and also the ttf-mscorefonts. That's pretty much it. Everything else seems to work out of the box. I am very impressed. :)

Gotta say too that Debian 7 seems much faster, snappier, quicker, however you want to call it, as compared to Ubuntu and Mint. The difference was immediately noticeable.

Oops, I lied. Also had to install the wifi drivers from the non-free repo's too, in case I ever need 'em on the laptop, but I use a wired connection normally. Anyway, easily done.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.