Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 Released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by TheKid7, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 was released.
    http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07844

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Anyone know how long before a live cd ISO will be available?

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

That's a very interesting new feature, specially considering that some Linux software is only available in 32bits versions. I wonder if its going to be adopted in Ubuntu forthcoming releases...

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Voila; Stable and stable+non-free 7.0 page link and torrent page link.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Great! Thanks Baserk.. :)

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Finally got around to doing a netinstall of this one today, and I must say, this is very nice, polished, and stable. I'm not a huge fan of Gnome 3, but this is nicely done. I noticed there was also an option at the login menu to do a "Classic Gnome" UI at login, but haven't checked that out yet. But overall, really nice. I might stick with this for a while. The only things I had to manually install were the Adobe Flash Plugin (the gnash crap didn't work on streaming video sites), and also the ttf-mscorefonts. That's pretty much it. Everything else seems to work out of the box. I am very impressed. :)

Gotta say too that Debian 7 seems much faster, snappier, quicker, however you want to call it, as compared to Ubuntu and Mint. The difference was immediately noticeable.

Oops, I lied. Also had to install the wifi drivers from the non-free repo's too, in case I ever need 'em on the laptop, but I use a wired connection normally. Anyway, easily done.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.