Debian 6.0.7 released. Where can I find the .ISO

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by ComputerSaysNo, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 released. I can't find the .ISO just tarball and .gz downloads. Anyone know how to get the straight .ISO?

I don't want a Torrent file thank you!

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It should show up on the main Debian site if it's an official stable release. Maybe you're jumping the gun a little?

3. Well it's on softpedia but only as a torrent. I checked debian.org but no sign of the .ISO.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I didn't see it either... Maybe tomorrow?

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, it's there now...

7. Which one do I download, there are 50 of them numbered CD1 to CD50. I can't possible download all of them? Same goes with DVDS.

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I usually use the Net Install CD, run the installer and it downloads what it needs for a typical installation from the internet during install. I don't see the live CD's yet.. unless I've missed something. I did also see a KDE and an XFCE CD there as well, just one disk each.

9. Yeah downloading those two now. But what is the normal .ISO? I don't get it there are 50 CD's & 8 DVD's surely you don't download them all?

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I'm not sure, but I think the 50+ CD's is literally everything, 1st CD is supposedly all you need, and the other 50 are what's in the repositories etc. At least that's what I just read when I Googled it. Maybe somebody knows for sure. Try grabbing just CD #1 and see if you can boot and install off that. That should be the default Gnome disk.

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I went to the torrents & selected an amd64 torrent of 25k. Theres' dozens. Opened in UTorrent & it was a ~636MB ISO. Looks like each are LiveCD ISOs just different torrents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.