DDS9 is not working anymore

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by GPH, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Hello,

I've a packardbell PC witha 250GB disk. I've re-installed using the recovery CD all the system following issues. Then installed DDS 9 to create partition.
    In the first step, there was a main NTFS partition of nearly all disk space and 7GB in a non allocated space. I think this correspond to space used by the recovery part were data is taken to create packardbell recovery CD.

So I create 3 partition, the system reboot, partions are created, all is fine at this step except that going back to DDS 9 I cannot see anymore the 7GB of free space despite having asked to take free space only from master C: partition.

Then I've installed a few softwares including norton antivirus corporate (compagny mandatory), used packardbell add/remove tool to remove some packardbell soft that I don't need (skype, word 2002, etc).

Then I've tried to extend one existing partition, all went fine, the system rebooted, DDS9 started his tasks and then I've had a long list of blank lines, system rebooted again DDS9 finalizing and then XP screen. Looking at my drive setup nothing has changed...retried a lot of time with no result.
    Tried to install partition magic, no success, error 117.
    Tried to log on the DDS9 recovery CD and it says there was an error with boot sector and stops...

At this point I've a system that works but cannot use DDS9 anymore to perform any resizing as nothing is done and no error messages detected. Have run scandisk on all drives and nothing found.

As anyone any idea ?, since 2 weeks I'm fighting with this, my goal was to have 2 install of XP home edition (one for work, the other one for childrens), have used OS selector, copied XP SP2 (this create bootwiz folder), and have had no issue, all was working well except that DDS9 was not able to perform any operation. So have reformated re-installed all the system and I'm now in the situation described upper... The problem doesn't come from OS selector...

Thanks for your help

David, sorry for my english I'm french.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Management Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Could you please also do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Select System Information;
    - In File(or Action) menu choose Save...
    - Select Save as type: "Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File(*.NFO)";
    - Send us the file created.

Please also make a screen shot of the Disk Management (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management) and a screen shot of the main window of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 (manual mode).

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Thanks for your help,

I'll try to provide as many info as I can but I've no floppy drive on my computer :(.

David

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

In case you don't have a floppy drive please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you for the cooperation.

5. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Many thanks, I'll try that if I've the pb again.
    Yesterday I've resinstalled all the system again from the recovery DVD, the only things that I've made different is that I've downloaded the last release of norton remover (mine was obsolet but only 2 weeks old) and used packardbell remover prog before partitioning the disk and not launched it after.
    I'll try to duplicate (via trueimage) this working setup on an other drive and then run the packard bell add/remove pgm which I suspect does something wrong (there is btw an error message) and damage partition settings making DDS9 and PM8 not working anymore... I'll send you an update to the support email if I've the issue again.
    I've an other question on OS selector but will open anew thread for that.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.