DDS9 is fantastic!!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Batfink, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

At last, I have found a product that will allow me to install a single instance of an OS, and copy it to multiple plartitions, and allow me to boot into any of them... much like the rather expensive HYPEROS (www.hyperos2002.com).

Why, you may ask... simple... I now have four XP systems, each of which I can customise/optimise... one for internet, one for games, one for work... all of which was achieved in about 15 mins after installing XP only once!

Great Product!!!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Alright, to clarify

At first, I thought the above post was an Ad for the product at the link provided, which concerned me because that is a very expensive product!

But someone pointed out to me that the poster was comparing the Acronis product Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 favorably to that other product.

So clearly, a link to the actual Acronis product was needed here. ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2004
  3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: lowater are you geting kick backs ;)

:cool: blaze do his tony soprano imprestion "cause i want in"

4. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

I am praising DDS9 (Acronis Disk Director Suite 9... assumed readers would know what it was, as posted in an Acronis forum).... I was originally very interested in what "the other product" did, but was very put off by its outrageous price... particularly in comparision to DDS9...

I have found the ease of which I can achieve a multiple boot environment with DDS9 amazing, as I had been experimenting with other products, none of which come close to the solution I was after... particularly when paired with True Image. I like the way DDS9 works, and love the way it looks, particularly the bootscreen, although I would like to be able to customise thes (screen and icons).

I have somewhat of a non standard config, whereby I have a 100mb FAT C Primary drive for boot files, then four (or more) logical drives, for the OS. I can install XP onto D, then copy this install to as many logical partitions as I choose. It took me a while to learn how to successfully hide the right partitions from each other, so that when I boot into any OS, it is always D (this is essential to avoid drive mapping, and other problems associated with cloning an OS onto another drive letter)... none of the other OS instances are then visibible to each other, which is the way I like it. Multiple OS instances of a single XP install, all independent from each other!

Once again.. DDS9 rules!!!

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

SuperFreak, bashing a product or a member of this board will not be tolerated. Your post is in violation of our TOS, and has been removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.