DD-WRT

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Taliscicero, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I am with an ISP that only lets you use their router. I have found out its not DD-WRT compatible, but still wish to run DD-WRT. I was wondering if there was any "mini-box" or a device that can be connected to my router to let me connect through DD-WRT anyway.

Anyone have any clue about any device that would enable me to do this? Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

connect a dd-wrt router to the one your isp provided, in essence using latter as a modem.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you can connect any extra router to yours grab which ever you want and if you need help please ask..its very easy to do

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Any instructions? / advice on what router to get? I'm in the UK.

I really appreciate your help.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I recently got the Buffalo Airstation N300 Giga and it came with DD-WRT pre-installed. It seems like a good quality device and since it comes with DD-WRT you don't have to bother with flashing. Don't know if it's available in the UK though.

6. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Not from the UK, so... Is the Cable/DSL modem packaged with the router? In the US, you can stick anything you want, after the modem...no way to tell. But yeah, just add another router. Asus RT-N66U has gotten very good reviews. They say DD-WRT capable, but the stock firmware has gotten very good reviews at smallnetbuilder.com.

PD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.