DB 9.0 Backup Server - Need help

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by PeterB123, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterB123

PeterB123 Registered Member

I am upgrading my drives in a Dell 2850. I did the backup with the old dirves (OS and data), replaced the drives and began the restore process.

Through some miscommunication, I was under the assumption that both the server and the USB drive I was backing up to were on a UPS. Well, of course the USB drive wasn't and we had a power flicker. Now I'm getting an I/O error with 'Retry' or 'Ignore'. Is there a way to continue the restore somehow? It's been restoring for nearly 36 hours.

My second question is how can this be done faster? It appears as though I was looking at around 60 hours to restore the 500 GB. It's a 1TB USB drive plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll check back after cleaning up my ~removed possibly offensive phrase as per Policy~.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.